The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2019, 02:37 PM
vAffinity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011088
vAffinity Reputation: 10
Default H100I Pro makes weird pump noises

My h100i pro makes loud noises through the glass panel on quiet mode. It’s only quiet when I’m just chilling on my home screen, but when I start playing a game it starts to make some weird noises. is this normal?]https://youtu.be/5zsu8S638f4

Last edited by vAffinity; 07-13-2019 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Added a video link

Old 07-14-2019, 12:06 AM
Mudruck's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011130
Mudruck Reputation: 10

That is very similar to the sound that mine has started to make from time to time as well, except it is more of a gurgling noise. It does not do it all the time, but it is sure annoying when it does it!

Old 07-14-2019, 08:01 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011147
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by vAffinity View Post
My h100i pro makes loud noises through the glass panel on quiet mode. It’s only quiet when I’m just chilling on my home screen, but when I start playing a game it starts to make some weird noises. is this normal?]https://youtu.be/5zsu8S638f4
The sound changes when you load up a game? The pump should not be reacting to GPU or CPU load in that way. It's basically a fixed L-M-H switch, until you reach a rather high coolant temperature. Regardless, the sound is intermittent and strongly resembles the typical air bubble issue. Try the following:

1) On the desktop, cycle the pump from low (Quiet) to high (Extreme) and again every 10-15 seconds or so. The goal is for the change in pressure to push the bubbles out of the block.

2) If that does not work, set the pump to Extreme and rock the case backwards. That can be leaning toward the back panel or backward so the I/O panel is lower. You are trying to get the in/out hose above the CPU block and hopefully natural physics will do the job.

3) Involves taking the block off the CPU and shaking, but let's not get into that quite yet. Definitely random results.

Tags
#help