The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > System Builds, Modding, Custom Components, and Picture Gallery

Old 04-11-2019, 12:53 AM
LexGoyle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001118
LexGoyle Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
Hi bud... imho... 8x120mm would be the better option.. it's an awful long way from the front of the case to the back lol and you have no choice will cooler going up top as it wont reach to the front..

and can confirm.. can't get 2 3x140mm trays in the front or the top.
Thanks for the confirmation on the trays there. You do raise a good point. I decided to add up the CFM of the 8 LL series fans I'm eyeing vs 3 of the 140mms and yeah it's more than double going with the 8. I also hadn't considered the sheer volume of the innards of that case. lol Probably explains why I've had a hard time finding examples online of the 1000D being used with a 3x140mm on the front configuration.

Never thought I'd see the day where I'd be spending over $400 just in fans for a case. R.I.P. my bank account. lol

Thank you again for your input. ^_^

Old 04-11-2019, 04:56 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001125
Zotty Reputation: 52

No worrys man.. happy to help! And its something i dont discuse with the wife..the amount spent on fans lol. I have 15 in there at the moment. But that's about to increase to 32 in total..

Old 04-11-2019, 09:52 AM
LexGoyle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001142
LexGoyle Reputation: 10

Quote:
No worrys man.. happy to help! And its something i dont discuse with the wife..the amount spent on fans lol. I have 15 in there at the moment. But that's about to increase to 32 in total..
32?! oi vey. How loud is your rig with all of the current fans? lol Also.. how bad is the dust?

Old 04-12-2019, 03:09 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001208

well... lol.. its not like a need to run the fans at silly speeds.. but yes... lots of fans does equal a bit more wind noise than normal.

as for dust. all my intakes are filtered. i only have the 2 rears as exhaust. so dust is at a minimum

Old 05-27-2019, 05:08 AM

POST ID # = 1005855
MR-BOOM1982 Reputation: 10

Zotty

Ive been following this for months and has proved to be so much help along my build..
I have the 1000d case and a stack of corsair stuff just finishing it all off now but i need some cable extensions for the fans and the dam top tray thats never in stock..
That devbiker chap is he in the uk ? im in a hurry for these cables..

Oh and you moan about cable management you wait till you fit the mini itx as well i've attempted mine 3 times and still not happy with cable layouts so ive decided to change my mini itx now for a better board with the plugs where i need them... Spend thousands so far and still going haha

Thanks again for the expert help... Im sure i speak for many when i say that

Old 05-27-2019, 10:19 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005875
DevBiker Reputation: 88

No, I'm in Texas.
If you want to build your own cables, you can check out http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174759.

Or if you just want to buy them, you can get them here: https://www.ebay.com/str/piratedogtech.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:29 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005887

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-BOOM1982 View Post
Zotty

Ive been following this for months and has proved to be so much help along my build..
I have the 1000d case and a stack of corsair stuff just finishing it all off now but i need some cable extensions for the fans and the dam top tray thats never in stock..
That devbiker chap is he in the uk ? im in a hurry for these cables..

Oh and you moan about cable management you wait till you fit the mini itx as well i've attempted mine 3 times and still not happy with cable layouts so ive decided to change my mini itx now for a better board with the plugs where i need them... Spend thousands so far and still going haha

Thanks again for the expert help... Im sure i speak for many when i say that
No worrys man :) Glad to be of service Sir ;) :D ... and as said above.. DevB is in Texas.. can vouch for his cables though

Old 05-29-2019, 12:06 AM
Wannabe
Bogartz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006064
Bogartz Reputation: 10

So much info!!!!!!!!!! MOAR!!! MOAR!!!!

Great work Zotty definitely some useful stuff to help with my build in progress, and also thanks to others who have added there info as well.
Awesome group of enthusiasts!

So I have a couple of questions:
1. I believe I saw something where you have just the 2 fans in the rear as exhaust, everything else is intake. Are there any issues with temps in the case? I was having trouble deciding on whether I should do the same as I have a HWL 480GTX I'm putting in the front and probably a 420GTX in the top both being intake and wasn't sure the 2 fans in the rear would be adequate for exhaust.

2. Is there info on a dual loop setup as far as pump location? I thought I saw someone say they had a dual loop, but couldn't find the reference. I was thinking to drill out all of the rivets holding the HDD cage and just removing it so I could put the pumps there. I have 2 TT Pacific PR22-D5 pump/res combos and not sure I'm going to be able to get them both in there without removing something.

3. Planning a push/pull 480GTX in front and would like to push/pull 420GTX in the top, seems there might be some issues with fitment. Any confirmation on that? Is it possible?

Again, thanks for all the great info and all of the additions from everyone that has added their $.02 to this thread (sorry to hijack, even tho I'm not the first lol).

As I start building I'll get some pics to share with everyone.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:57 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogartz View Post
So much info!!!!!!!!!! MOAR!!! MOAR!!!!

Great work Zotty definitely some useful stuff to help with my build in progress, and also thanks to others who have added there info as well.
Awesome group of enthusiasts!
thanks bud :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogartz View Post

So I have a couple of questions:
1. I believe I saw something where you have just the 2 fans in the rear as exhaust, everything else is intake. Are there any issues with temps in the case? I was having trouble deciding on whether I should do the same as I have a HWL 480GTX I'm putting in the front and probably a 420GTX in the top both being intake and wasn't sure the 2 fans in the rear would be adequate for exhaust.

2. Is there info on a dual loop setup as far as pump location? I thought I saw someone say they had a dual loop, but couldn't find the reference. I was thinking to drill out all of the rivets holding the HDD cage and just removing it so I could put the pumps there. I have 2 TT Pacific PR22-D5 pump/res combos and not sure I'm going to be able to get them both in there without removing something.

3. Planning a push/pull 480GTX in front and would like to push/pull 420GTX in the top, seems there might be some issues with fitment. Any confirmation on that? Is it possible?

Again, thanks for all the great info and all of the additions from everyone that has added their $.02 to this thread (sorry to hijack, even tho I'm not the first lol).

As I start building I'll get some pics to share with everyone.

1. i dont suffer any heat issues but i am not an OC record breaking beast lol... it works for me. certainly a lot less dust this way

2. most mount the 2 pumps to the pump mount tray thats attached to the top of the HDD Caddy.

3. have heard that some rads wont fit side by side... thats about all i know, but will have a research today on it ;)..

Old 05-29-2019, 05:43 PM

POST ID # = 1006202

Zotty

Quick question mate.. As the corsair aio coolers dont reach the front mounting panel which i think is crazy and the top 120mm tray is still showing no stock can i put the front 8x120mm tray in the top and the top 140mm tray in the front ?

Thought id ask before i try and dismantle it all

Old 05-29-2019, 09:43 PM
Wannabe
Bogartz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006215
Bogartz Reputation: 10

Quote:
thanks bud :)

1. i dont suffer any heat issues but i am not an OC record breaking beast lol... it works for me. certainly a lot less dust this way

2. most mount the 2 pumps to the pump mount tray thats attached to the top of the HDD Caddy.

3. have heard that some rads wont fit side by side... thats about all i know, but will have a research today on it ;)..
I'll just have to give it a go, I'm planning to OC the 9700k as hard as I can so we'll just have to see. I've got sensors with the CoPro so I'll scatter them about and see how the temps are. Worst case, I'll have to drain and swap the fans

I'm thinking I might have issues with push/pull on both rads with my quick measurement. Still waiting on hardware to get here tomorrow so I can mount the rads.

Was able to have the guys at the store to pull the 1000D out of the box so I could look at it before I took it home. There's slots for 2 pumps mounted vertically, so when I got home I set my pumps on top and got a pic

Last edited by Bogartz; 05-29-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Old 05-30-2019, 02:19 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006234

yay, they fit :)... good luck man and keep us updated

Old 05-30-2019, 03:47 AM

POST ID # = 1006239

Did you see my bit zotty about the fan trays and swapping them round ?

Old 05-30-2019, 07:21 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006317

Quote:
Did you see my bit zotty about the fan trays and swapping them round ?
no dude... but you can.. if that's what you need to know...

Old 05-30-2019, 07:23 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006319

Quote:
Zotty

Quick question mate.. As the corsair aio coolers dont reach the front mounting panel which i think is crazy and the top 120mm tray is still showing no stock can i put the front 8x120mm tray in the top and the top 140mm tray in the front ?

Thought id ask before i try and dismantle it all
Found it.... lol

yes you can do that... a guy over in my Discord Server has done it :)

Last edited by Zotty; 05-30-2019 at 07:26 PM.