The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2019, 03:00 PM
AndreaPelle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010469
AndreaPelle Reputation: 10

With a past patch i haven't problem, but with the new sometimes the dis/connect sound return, don't know why. i didn't change nothing

Old 07-08-2019, 05:39 PM
Kouzai's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010626
Kouzai Reputation: 10

Well i've been through a new h100i plat as the firmware update icue suggested bricked it in the process, new cooler and still the same issues. The only thing i was hoping someone could comment on for me is when icue is running, i get stutters and freezes like everyone else it seems, but when these happen the 12v 5v and 3.3v voltages in the right hand side of my copro monitoring drop hugely and bottom out, is anyone else seeing this? Possibly a mobo issue? i bought a nzxt internal USB 2.0 hub but made no difference

Old 07-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010635
Waukeen Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouzai View Post
Well i've been through a new h100i plat as the firmware update icue suggested bricked it in the process, new cooler and still the same issues. The only thing i was hoping someone could comment on for me is when icue is running, i get stutters and freezes like everyone else it seems, but when these happen the 12v 5v and 3.3v voltages in the right hand side of my copro monitoring drop hugely and bottom out, is anyone else seeing this? Possibly a mobo issue? i bought a nzxt internal USB 2.0 hub but made no difference
Was that CoPro one that came with the case? I have my suspicions they got a bunch of dodgy units and never checked them before shoving them in the case I had at the time (Obsidian 500D SE). Also is it a 2 wire power model? Because I was seeing 12, 5 and 3.3v that were low but not horribly so tended to see 11.49, 4.8 and 3.0 on those with the CoPro in it.

Mostly for my own curiosity. Wish I could give you a better answer but short of going to [insert store here], buying one then returning the "bad" one should that be the problem it will be an act of God to get this resolved. And it's only shady if you do it. What I can tell you is that it is NOT a motherboard issue or any other hardware/software issue beyond the Corsair products. Buckle up it is going to be a long ride.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:54 PM
Kouzai's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010638

No it was one bought individually, When i get the usb disconnect sound or an icue hitch the voltages drop from from 12v to 0.51, 5v rasies to 12.00 and 3 raises to 4.97... im watching the graph now as im typing this. Literally no idea whats going on, i've got a self test on the PSU and a few spare sata cables about so i'll try swapping. Any ideas for me?

Old 07-08-2019, 10:01 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010642

First thing to do is take it out, flaky stuff powering equipment is a no no. Then return it or RMA it.

And on the off chance the firmware needs an update make sure that has been done first. If still seeing the same after making sure remove it.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:51 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010675
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
No it was one bought individually, When i get the usb disconnect sound or an icue hitch the voltages drop from from 12v to 0.51, 5v rasies to 12.00 and 3 raises to 4.97... im watching the graph now as im typing this. Literally no idea whats going on, i've got a self test on the PSU and a few spare sata cables about so i'll try swapping. Any ideas for me?
That sounds like a potential conflict. Are you running any other monitoring software that reads from the Commander Pro? HWInfo?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Kouzai's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010707

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
That sounds like a potential conflict. Are you running any other monitoring software that reads from the Commander Pro? HWInfo?
I've uninstalled everything i can think of, the only other software i have running is razer synapse, been through a whole troubleshooting process most today, unplugged fans individually etc, just about to try without synapse, i do have hwinfo64 installed but not running?

Old 07-09-2019, 04:32 PM
Kouzai's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010709

no dice, made no difference at all, just agreed to have the commander pro rma'd, should be with me thursday.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:15 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010726
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
I've uninstalled everything i can think of, the only other software i have running is razer synapse, been through a whole troubleshooting process most today, unplugged fans individually etc, just about to try without synapse, i do have hwinfo64 installed but not running?
If HWInfo has the persistent driver installed, this can cause the issue in the background. With HWInfo, it's important to have the Corsair/Asetek support disabled, even if you aren't running it all the time - because of that persistent driver. The other option is to disable the persistent driver as well.

I don't think that Synapse will cause issues.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:14 AM
Kouzai's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010834

Ok, desperate now. new commander pro, nothings changed. Constant disconnects and the same voltage fluctuations as written above? im positive its not the PSU, its powering everything else in the build with no stability issues at all. any ideas?even tried older versions of icue.

Old 07-14-2019, 02:36 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1011213
Corsair Mike Reputation: 10

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop an update about the USB disconnect issue on Platinum coolers. It looks like we may have found a solution to the problem and are working on a fix. Thanks for all the emails with system specs and iCUE dumps. I am working with the cooling product manager on when we can give a more detailed update but I should have something soon.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:05 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Mike View Post
Hi all,

Just wanted to drop an update about the USB disconnect issue on Platinum coolers. It looks like we may have found a solution to the problem and are working on a fix. Thanks for all the emails with system specs and iCUE dumps. I am working with the cooling product manager on when we can give a more detailed update but I should have something soon.
Even though I have no issues (currently) would it be possible to get a rundown of what the heck was wrong Mike? Really curious to know what the issue was/is.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:17 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1011234
Corsair Mike Reputation: 10

I would if I could. I bug the cooling team almost everyday about this issue and they are actively working on it. Hopefully I can have something more concrete than "I think we found it" to share soon. I will post here the moment they give me the go ahead to share details and hopefully a permanent fix.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:03 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Mike View Post
I would if I could. I bug the cooling team almost everyday about this issue and they are actively working on it. Hopefully I can have something more concrete than "I think we found it" to share soon. I will post here the moment they give me the go ahead to share details and hopefully a permanent fix.
That's all I ask. Thank you for the reply and apparently you guys are burning some serious oil over there to be this active on a Sunday. No reason not to explain the issue once it is tracked down and fixed.

Old 07-17-2019, 12:42 AM
burnteskimos42's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011552
burnteskimos42 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waukeen View Post
That's all I ask. Thank you for the reply and apparently you guys are burning some serious oil over there to be this active on a Sunday. No reason not to explain the issue once it is tracked down and fixed.
I'm with you. I'd like very much for an explanation as to why I've had a broken product for 8 months, the curiosity is literally eating me alive.