Corsair Community

Corsair USBXp Driver Keeps Disabling

j0n

Hello all, running Windows 10, Corsair LINK 4 (4.9.4.28), and I had to reboot my system for a Windows update the other day. Now when I login, Corsair LINK opens, but the H100i v2 isn't found, and the Corsair USBXp Driver shows disabled in Device Manager. Once I manually enable it, the cooler shows back up in Corsair LINK and I have fan control again.

Anyone know why this is happening all of a sudden?

Running Windows 10 Pro 1709, build 16299.192.

Are you running EVGA presison XOC? If you are go back to an older version or uninstall as the new evga led sync crashes the link usb driver, had this problem myself.

Only reason I use XOC is for the rgb lighting on the card.

Are you running EVGA presison XOC? If you are go back to an older version or uninstall as the new evga led sync crashes the link usb driver, had this problem myself.

Only reason I use XOC is for the rgb lighting on the card.

Oh dang, I do use XOC and I noticed that stupid LED sync popping up the other day. Thank you for the quick reply!

• Corsair Employee
So I'm looking into this. It's not technically a bug with our software - EVGA's software is overreaching and trying to control a cooler it thinks is one of theirs - but maybe we can blacklist the software or block the detection or something to keep it from conflicting with Link while still letting you control your EVGA kit.

So I'm looking into this. It's not technically a bug with our software - EVGA's software is overreaching and trying to control a cooler it thinks is one of theirs - but maybe we can blacklist the software or block the detection or something to keep it from conflicting with Link while still letting you control your EVGA kit.

Thanks! Its funny, I actually don't use the LED sync (or really any RGB colors on the system), so it looks like they snuck in the feature on their newest build.

I found if you go in and enable it then disable it (click on it then click again in Precision X), it plays nice going forward after reboots. It looks to auto enable when Precision updates, and if you manually disable, it stops running and thus lets Link work as expected.

So, definitely not a Link issue as far as I can see, but it will be good to know/observe with Precision X for the future.

Thanks! Its funny, I actually don't use the LED sync (or really any RGB colors on the system), so it looks like they snuck in the feature on their newest build.

I found if you go in and enable it then disable it (click on it then click again in Precision X), it plays nice going forward after reboots. It looks to auto enable when Precision updates, and if you manually disable, it stops running and thus lets Link work as expected.

So, definitely not a Link issue as far as I can see, but it will be good to know/observe with Precision X for the future.

Great work running this down! It also explains why I don't have any issues with XOC ... the RGB isn't enabled at all as I don't have an EVGA card. So it doesn't even attempt to mess with my cooler's RGB.

Archived