Corsair Community

PSA: VOID Wireless in Bootloader Mode and How to Recover it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
HI my void wireless have been working perfectly for the past 5 years then yesterday it said the battery was low. i plugged it into charge but there was no charging light or any other lights. ive tried new cable different usb ports with no luck. ive replaced the battery as it wasn't holding charge very well but still not working. if i start up the latest version of your software its there but not connected. ive tried the steps on the forum but it cant detect the headset through the USB. ive also put tester on the battery and surrounding terminals and it has power but wont turn on. what else could i try as i really dont want to toss them.

• 3 weeks later...
hi, well this is my issue i forgot to charge my corsair void pro rgb and it got shut down , so i did out it in charge but after that i got nothing the headset refuses to connect at all i tried all the different methods , i had this issue before and i fixed it with the paper clip method and took me 3 hours for that now i've been trying to solve this issue for like 4 days and it keeps refusing to , i tried flashing the firmware , tried the paper clip solution , charged the headset till the green light appeared ive literally done them all but there's nothing happening ... i even contacted the support but no one responded since 4 days .. is there anything i can do ? about the paper clip method i've done it right i press on the dongle till it starts flashing rapidly then i press down the power button on the headset till the light turns flashing red ,i did wait and kept pressing for hours nothing happens .. please i need some help !

• 4 weeks later...

Dear users / chris,

I have had issues with my corsair void wireless for ages. I read a lot about boatloader mode now and that a person named chris has files to solve this. Also there is something about an update. However If I want to update the firmware i cant because my pc does gives an error about the usb device. This has been the case since i got this item. The reset using mute does not work (it did in the past 1x).

I also got the latest icue application.

For a plug and play device this is a bit of a drama imo.

Could anyone help me out cause i am going nuts over this and have no idea how to solve it once and for all

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
@Corsair Chris / anyone When I connect the wireless dongle to my PC it appears as "Avnera AV 6301" in printers and devices, and in the CUE software my headset appears as "Generic Headset", and it says "connect a usb cable to the headset to update them" but my pc doesnt recognise the hadphones when connected. Idk if it is in bootloader mode, please help!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I have come from the future. After seeing this issue and going around out of sheer luck I might have found out what to do, so am going to try my best to explain…

Note: I did this with a void wireless.

1. Do everything that you would normally do, go to settings, update, force update, and connect your headset using usb. Now if you are in my shoes it will say connect headset despite the headset being connected.

2. Keep your headset plugged in, and this is when you hold the mute button while you are currently on the screen. Problem was many were saying hold the mute button b4 this part.

3. It should start updating.

I am using the most current version of iCue as of 11-19-2021.

• 3 months later...