Corsair Community

WARNING! Don't install Link 2.7.5361 on a H80i!

audguy

I got a lovely surprise this morning, went to install the software after not having it for a long while. I was presented a firmware update, I think it was 1.05 to 1.07, so I let it do it's work. Boom, it fails and the fan speeds go up to full speed and I get a warning of zero rpm on my pump. Oh (you know the word)! So I reboot, and my BIOS says that there is a fan speed error :(:

I go into the bios, it is hanging about mid 40's at that point.

I go back into the Link software, and the device is no longer showing in there.

I go hunting around the forums a bit and I try going back to a previous version of Link, drop into the firmware updater and it still can't find it.

Now I have a very loud wind machine sitting next to me :[pouts:

TL;DR Don't install Link 2.7.5361 on a H80i!

Just installed an H80i in my 300r build it gave me the upgrade option when I installed corsair link,not knowing any better I let it so far no problems here its running perfect the only spurious reading is a temp one from the motherboard but that also shows up in hwinfo mainboard temp 113 but its present on other rog boards after a quick google .

It may be a firmware issue, my H80i shipped with firmware 1.07. I think users are suppose to update the firmware then reboot then update the software.

Uninstall Corsair Link. Delete the profiles from the Appdata folder. Reboot.

Reinstall Corsair link.

If this fails, install Corsair Link 2.4.5110

Archived