Corsair Community

kKNd

Hi, I purchased my H80i a couple of months ago and except for the terrible high pitch noise, I had no serious issues with it. I replaced the stock vents and I am using the radiator with an SP120 Quiet Edition fan which is connected to my case fan controller.

After the firmware update I performed to reduce the annoying sound (did not really help by the way...) the cooler started to behave strangely. I followed the instructions really carefully, nothing went wrong during the update. But since then... sometimes randomly the USB remove-install sound in Windows just starts playing several times in background for no reason. Then lots of unknown devices appear in the device manager. At the same time, everything related to the H80i cooler goes blank in CorsairLink. This was kind of irritating but when I clicked on the restart service button at the general options tab in CorsairLink everything went back to normal. (sometimes I had to repeat this for a couple of times and the device finally remained silent)

What happened today turned the situation even worse. I noticed that the LED option is completely blank in CorsairLink and does not turn on even after the service restart. Took a look inside the case and the LED was off as well.

The whole CorsairLink behaves quite weird now by the way. Some unknown data appeared and I can't tick any of the options on the general tab. eg. "snap to grid" it also seems unresponsive to any setup. [screenshot]

Here's what I've already tried so far without success:

I reinstalled the whole CorsairLink stuff. (with restarts between)

Removed then reconnected the USB cable to the motherboard.

Connected the USB cable to a different usb port on the motherboard.

Reconnected the SATA power cable as well.

Nothing helped so far.

Any tips or ideas from you guys? I am on the verge of throwing this cooler into the closest garbage bin. I have never in my life had so many issues with a PC device.

Thanks for your help in advance.

same issue with my h80i last night, updated firmware to fix one issue and now its bricked fans at 100% and mobo reads 0rpm on pump, no more detecting on USB, ordered a dark knight xigmtech for 50 bucks, should have done that in the first place, I didnt learn after my h50 apparently lol

Spoke with corsair on the phone they said to hold on for a few weeks as long as its cooling its ok there looking into the issue it seems its the software.

managed to get my red LED working kind of with some peeing about with the software but its limited

So new link software or firmware according to support but eta is few weeks to months...

Thanks. I figured it must be some software related issue as the whole Corsair Link started acting weird. Again, thanks for the info, I'll wait then but still I think I'll replace the cooler to a different brand+model later. The noise just kills the whole device for me.

It seems I managed to solve this. I uninstalled Corsair Link again, deleted all the profiles, folders etc... Then I ran a registry clean and reinstalled it, pressed reset and restarted services within the program. My LED is now working properly again, the USB issue I mentioned previously has not yet given a sign either. I hope it stays like this.

• 8 months later...
nevermind i got it!!!!!!! weirdest fricking thing! i was fooling around with the color settings (0-255) and sometimes i would get a flash. if i kept it on that number for a little bit it was as it the LED would heat up and start working again because now it works fine with all the numbers

Archived