Corsair Community

RMx 750w Powering on PC from PSU switch

gmdoom

Hi,

I have the RMx750w PSU and have a strange issue where if I turn my PC off from PSU switch at the back of the PC or at the mains, when the power is returned the PC will automatically boot up.

I tried today with another Motherboard and a similar issue happened but that Mobo powered down, but still forced itself to come on form the switch. Once the PC is up and running it works fine and I have had 0 issues with anything else. I'm just trying to establish what the issue is and if it is the PSU or now the CPU as they are pretty much the only parts that have not changed on my PC. I was adamant that it was a motherboard issue as I can't see how the PSU would force the PC to power up.

I've done a lot of troubleshooting on this, checked BIOS settings and also the PSU fan (which does work when the PC is booting up). I've used the cables that came with the PSU and also some cablemod ones and they both do the same thing.

The LED's on my MOBO swithch form CPU to RAM and then stay on VGA. To fix this I need to power my PC down by holding the power button for 5 seconds and then powering it back up, and that forces it to get to post and power up fully.

I'm using a Z390 Aorus Pro and a 9700k CPU.

Any help is appreciated.

• Corsair Employee

First off: Why are you turning the switch off on the back of the PC all of the time?

Second: In the BIOS, there should be something like "power state after power failure". Flipping the switch on the back of the PC is considered a "power failure" because the standby power is removed. If you insist on flipping the switch on the PSU off, this setting should be set to "off".

It’s something I noticed happening when I’ve needed to unplug it and I’ve thought now to narrow the issue down, I’m not constantly turning it off at the back and general use I don’t unplug, only if I need to.

I’ve tried the BIOS setting but sadly it still behaves the same