Corsair Community

Windows 10 Media Keys

Mr_Gible

After the upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10, the media keys (pause, skip, etc) had stopped working. It does seem to work with foobar2000, however after a short time, it stops working, regardless if it's foobar/vlc/itunes. I can no longer use them, like they're not registering.

Looking into the CUE it is using the correct paths to the program.

Upgrades from previous versions of operating systems are known to cause some problems with applications.

Have you check and made sure the HID Interface Service is running?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=113001

Have you tried a different USB port?

Have you also tried repairing/reisntalled CUE?

The service is running, I have swapped to a different 3.0 port and I've uninstalled/reinstalled the CUE.

Have you tried reinstalling the media players? Does it change anything?

If the media keys work fine on other computers, it will be a Windows related issue instead.

Issue still persists, I'm going to check some windows 10 questions on other forums. Thank's for your time.

Have you tried reinstalling the media players? Does it change anything?

If the media keys work fine on other computers, it will be a Windows related issue instead.

It didn't work, I'm going to be asking microsoft on the issues.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have found that there are some conflicts with Google Chrome media shortcuts for Google Play Music. To turn off these mappings so the media keys perform their normal function, open Chrome and go to More Tools>Extensions. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Keyboard Shortcuts. Clear the mappings (see picture) for Google Play Music so they all say 'Not set'. Hope this helps Chrome users!!

https://imgur.com/a/B7q1J

• 1 year later...