The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #106  
Old 07-03-2018, 06:10 AM
Kinky_Hazard Kinky_Hazard is offline
Registered User
Kinky_Hazard's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: South United Kingdom
Posts: 7
POST ID # = 961912
Kinky_Hazard Reputation: 10
Default Same issue as everyone else

Hi, I'm using 6 of these LL120 fans and node pro, just updated to most recent firmware update and still got the same issue as before that everyone else has, used work around but still want corsair to fix this!
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 07-03-2018, 07:37 AM
xHallk xHallk is offline
Registered User
xHallk's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 961924
xHallk Reputation: 10
Default

So i have the same problem, i start my PC! i«m using the LL120 fans and node pro!
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 07-03-2018, 01:53 PM
redster redster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 961972
redster Reputation: 10
Default

I figure I have the same issue (sorry, didn't read all 8 pages). I used to have CUE and Link and everything worked fine. Then CUE told me there was an update and suddenly I had iCUE instead. I then uninstalled Link (and rebooted, becuase I didn't see my AiO in iCUE at first).

Now I've set up my K70 RGB, M65 PRO RGB, H110i, RM750i and Lightning Node Pro with 5 LL Fans (2x 140, 3x 120) to static colors. And everything works great, except:
  • Until the driver is loaded (i.e. after Windows is started) and as soon as I shut down Windows, the fans (and only the fans) go into rainbow mode
  • Sometimes, the fans go into static color mode once the driver is loaded. But more often than not, as soon as the driver is loaded, the fans go into "ultra rainbow" mode - pretty much what most people seem to see in this thread. Ending the Corsair Service process resolves this and they go into static color mode shortly afterwards.

Previously, the fans would be displaying the correct static color from when the PC powered up until it powered down.

Contrary to many/most/all of the posts I've read in this thread, I have no strips.

EDIT: this is iCUE 3.4.95
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 07-04-2018, 02:39 AM
Solo18 Solo18 is offline
Registered User
Solo18's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 10
POST ID # = 962054
Solo18 Reputation: 10
Default

The fix currently for me was , Turn off fast boot under Power management settings in windows 10. Worked perfect from the first cold boot.
Using 4 LL 120's
Lighting Node Pro
Also seemed to actually boot faster with this disabled and all my USB functions correctly as well.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 07-04-2018, 10:25 AM
Troopermaniac Troopermaniac is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 9
POST ID # = 962088
Troopermaniac Reputation: 10
Default

im almost certain that my either my node or one of my LL fans's LED's are starting to die from this bug. I will end the task and every now and then my LEDs will just turn off and back on. Really pissed about this.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 07-05-2018, 03:20 PM
TrainwreckX TrainwreckX is offline
Registered User
TrainwreckX's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 8
POST ID # = 962249
TrainwreckX Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerder View Post
I might have found a possible reason this problem is occuring to some.

I happen to have an Asus Maximus X code motherboard which has a LED code display which displays codes to determine possible issues with hardware.
Normally when a system is done booting the code should be 'A0' This code means that the boot sequence test was completed and the OS was given control.
Most of the time however, the display would show me a Code '40'. This means the PC awoke from a S4 sleep state. In short this is a mode which allows Windows to boot faster after a complete shutdown by saving system info and then starting from there the next time you boot your PC.
Occasionally though my motherboard WOULD properly display the 'A0' code and when it did my Corsair RGB settings would load as normal. Something it didn't do when the final code was '40'.

I think 'Icue' causes problems when waking a PC out of a sleep mode. Be it a deep sleep S4 or an ordinary sleep mode.
Luckely the S4 feature can be disabled in Windows 10. The guy in this Youtube video will explain it. I tried it and it works perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGNV18Mbvrk

There is a downside to this though. Windows 10 might boot a little slower than your used to. I personally don't think this is a big problem and I don't really notice it much either.
Also this doesn't seem to be a solution when waking from normal sleep mode. This is still a problem to me.

Hope this helps some people. It beats quiting the service in taskmanager on every startup.

EDIT: If disabling S4 in Windows settings doesn't work for you, S4 can usually be disabled in your BIOS settings as well. It can usually be found in your boot settings.
This was my exact problem and I started to formulate this theory on my own when I saw the error on my Maximus X Code and noticed that my web browser kept popping up with my recent tabs reloaded. I swear I'd turned off this setting already, but after making sure I noticed it wasn't. This is the fix for me.

Which leads me to suggest we get the Corsair team to add a bug to their backlog to fix iCue and the Corsair service coming out of deep sleep. Not only do the fans flicker, but if you listen they are running LOUD at full speed while this bug is active and only quiet down once you restart the service.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 07-07-2018, 10:03 AM
Aliti_308 Aliti_308 is offline
Registered User
Aliti_308's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 85
POST ID # = 962548
Aliti_308 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troopermaniac View Post
im almost certain that my either my node or one of my LL fans's LED's are starting to die from this bug. I will end the task and every now and then my LEDs will just turn off and back on. Really pissed about this.
I have something similar happen. All 4 of my fans would reset in rainbow mode. I caught them flash. I recorded it and saw them do some sort of colour sync reset. Happened only once. The other issue I had was with fan 4 flickering a couple of times in an hour.


I’m very confidant this issue occurred after installing icue. Currently I don’t icue installed at all only Corsair link but it still occurs.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 07-09-2018, 02:22 AM
Simon Belmont Simon Belmont is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 10
POST ID # = 962692
Simon Belmont Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo18 View Post
The fix currently for me was , Turn off fast boot under Power management settings in windows 10. Worked perfect from the first cold boot.
Using 4 LL 120's
Lighting Node Pro
Also seemed to actually boot faster with this disabled and all my USB functions correctly as well.
I just installed my whole set up with commander pro LL rgb fans and was having the same issue. Glad I show your post. Now the LL fans don't spaz out and work after cold boot. It might have been said earlier in the thread but saw your post first. Cheers for that

Last edited by Simon Belmont; 07-09-2018 at 02:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 07-10-2018, 06:23 AM
Aliti_308 Aliti_308 is offline
Registered User
Aliti_308's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 85
POST ID # = 962848
Aliti_308 Reputation: 10
Default

Anyone else here getting flickering with their LL fans even with iCue uninstalled? I know the iCue flicker issue is very excessive but the issue I get is random flicker across all my LL 140mm RGB fans in rainbow mode only. It appears to be a brief reset of the rainbow colours which causes the flicker. Nothing like the iCue flicker issue.


Before installing iCue everything ran flawlessly but since installing iCue it's like my fans or noPro got damaged.


Anyone?

Last edited by Aliti_308; 07-10-2018 at 06:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 07-10-2018, 04:38 PM
Zephynos Zephynos is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 962928
Zephynos Reputation: 10
Default

i had the same issue when i updated icue a few months ago, the issue was with the ll fans, one of them broke and caused al of the fans to flicker mabye try and remove the fans one by one to see if one of them is broken. if you find the broken fan you can get it replaced for free.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 07-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Zephynos Zephynos is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 962931
Zephynos Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerder View Post
I might have found a possible reason this problem is occuring to some.

I happen to have an Asus Maximus X code motherboard which has a LED code display which displays codes to determine possible issues with hardware.
Normally when a system is done booting the code should be 'A0' This code means that the boot sequence test was completed and the OS was given control.
Most of the time however, the display would show me a Code '40'. This means the PC awoke from a S4 sleep state. In short this is a mode which allows Windows to boot faster after a complete shutdown by saving system info and then starting from there the next time you boot your PC.
Occasionally though my motherboard WOULD properly display the 'A0' code and when it did my Corsair RGB settings would load as normal. Something it didn't do when the final code was '40'.

I think 'Icue' causes problems when waking a PC out of a sleep mode. Be it a deep sleep S4 or an ordinary sleep mode.
Luckely the S4 feature can be disabled in Windows 10. The guy in this Youtube video will explain it. I tried it and it works perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGNV18Mbvrk

There is a downside to this though. Windows 10 might boot a little slower than your used to. I personally don't think this is a big problem and I don't really notice it much either.
Also this doesn't seem to be a solution when waking from normal sleep mode. This is still a problem to me.

Hope this helps some people. It beats quiting the service in taskmanager on every startup.

EDIT: If disabling S4 in Windows settings doesn't work for you, S4 can usually be disabled in your BIOS settings as well. It can usually be found in your boot settings.
Thank you sooooo much!!!! finally fixed this problem everything finally works perfect, you are the true MVP!
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 07-10-2018, 08:33 PM
Aliti_308 Aliti_308 is offline
Registered User
Aliti_308's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 85
POST ID # = 962957
Aliti_308 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephynos View Post
i had the same issue when i updated icue a few months ago, the issue was with the ll fans, one of them broke and caused al of the fans to flicker mabye try and remove the fans one by one to see if one of them is broken. if you find the broken fan you can get it replaced for free.

Yes.. the fan causing me grief was the last one in the chain which would be the only one flashing during the rainbow wave sequential mode. I since moved that to RGB port 1 so when the flash triggers it seems to trigger all fans now. I think that fan is causing the entire chain to trigger resets. Funny thing is, upon 30 mins of PC use, it would trigger a few times... after 30 mins of use it would be a while before it triggered again, like over an hour and then it slowly reduces to no issue.


RMAing at the store I purchased these from is a real pain. Taking your product away for weeks to determine if things are faulty and if they don't replicate it you get charged....

Last edited by Aliti_308; 07-10-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 07-13-2018, 12:20 AM
DoubleEsprit's Avatar
DoubleEsprit DoubleEsprit is offline
Registered User
DoubleEsprit's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 963266
DoubleEsprit Reputation: 10
Default

Made an account just to report this, then found this thread. I was having the exact same issue as everyone else, and the "disable fast boot" fix seems to have worked for me. I guess this is what you'd call a "high-quality" bug: widespread, repeatable, and has a known cause.

Last edited by DoubleEsprit; 07-13-2018 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Missed corsair's response
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 07-20-2018, 01:02 PM
Arri47 Arri47 is offline
Registered User
Arri47's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 964596
Arri47 Reputation: 10
Default Flickering fan lights LL series

Exact same things started happening to me after the recent update.
Fans flicker like crazy between the profile you set as default, and the rainbow default profile when your PC is booting up.

Only thing that fixes it is to reboot the PC. If the PC goes to sleep, it happens without fail every time you wake it up. Sometimes it goes to normal after a while of letting it flicker like crazy. Definitely a software issue and has to be the update to Icue.

Any word on how to fix this or do we have to wait for another update?

My profile has my PC specs (and it is only a few weeks old functioning perfectly otherwise).
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 07-20-2018, 01:03 PM
PerfectCr PerfectCr is offline
Registered User
PerfectCr's PC Specs
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 32
POST ID # = 964597
PerfectCr Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arri47 View Post
Exact same things started happening to me after the recent update.
Fans flicker like crazy between the profile you set as default, and the rainbow default profile when your PC is booting up.

Only thing that fixes it is to reboot the PC. If the PC goes to sleep, it happens without fail every time you wake it up. Sometimes it goes to normal after a while of letting it flicker like crazy. Definitely a software issue and has to be the update to Icue.

Any word on how to fix this or do we have to wait for another update?

My profile has my PC specs (and it is only a few weeks old functioning perfectly otherwise).
Latest iCUE update fixes it. Download it :)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bug, fans, flicker, ll120

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.