Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2019, 10:26 PM
Endergemini's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025337
Endergemini Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
Hi buddy.... in that diagram the H150i would direct to a motherboard usb header.. Commander on another... if headers are an issue then an internal usb header extension card or normal mini/micro usb cables can be run from node/aio to rear IO.... hope that makes sense dude.
Thanks for the quick reply! The iCUE software will still allow for control of the pump speed etc through the software if I connect it this way, right?

Old 11-27-2019, 03:30 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025366
Zotty Reputation: 52

yep you can do that dude

Old 12-02-2019, 05:35 PM
bmvhusky's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026024
bmvhusky Reputation: 10

Hi all.
I’m going to be doing some upgrades to my current system involving a new case, fans, and rgb lighting strips.

1) Obsidian 500D RGB
2) H100i RGB platinum – 240m
3) 3 pack of LL120 RGB
4) RGB LED Lighting pro strips

I read through the forum just to make sure a there wasn’t answers already given on this. But just want to be sure about two things:
1) I’m going to be top mounting the H100i to the case while upgrading the two fans to the LL120s on it. So, the fans will be blowing air through the radiator and out the top of the case. The case comes with a dust filter for the top and front. Will it be ok to leave the top dust filter on with this setup? Will it be ok with the heat being passed through it with the radiator mounted right there and the hot air traveling through the dust filter and out the case? Will the dust filter be too restrictive for outbound post radiator air flow and cause unnecessary heat buildup or potential melt the dust filter materials itself?

2) Appears to be highly recommended in this thread to not use the commander pro to power the AIO fans (fine for the RGB connections to the hub), but to connect these two LL120 fans power cables to the motherboard headers instead, yes? My mother board is a gigabyte GA-AB350m-D3H. I got no problem with wiring it up like this. But will this cause problems with their speeds not being able to be controlled with the corsair software? Will I have to use the motherboard bios instead to set their speed profiles, or will they still be detected and show up in the corsair software like the other 4 fans installed in the case (3 on the front that came with the case and the 1 I also will install on the rear of the case).

Hope that all makes sense. Thank you.

Old 12-03-2019, 02:50 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026085

hi buddy.

1, remove the dust filter. no need it in that location if running it as exhaust.

2, Connect the LL's on the Rad to the H100i Pump buddy.. this will ensure the correct operation of your cooling system regardless of other hardware/OS/software

Last edited by Zotty; 12-03-2019 at 03:04 AM.

Old 12-03-2019, 04:51 PM
bmvhusky's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026155
bmvhusky Reputation: 10

Thank you very much for those answers.

I'll be starting the build now, expect a few days to wrap it all up, and we'll see how it goes.

Happy Holidays!!!

Old 12-04-2019, 03:26 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026206

good luck man... post some pics when done :)

Old 12-25-2019, 12:26 PM

POST ID # = 1028583
Tom899 Reputation: 10

Hi Zotty,
Thanks for all your hard work and diagrams. Much appreciated!
I'm looking at push/pull. Is this diagram using the fans that come with the H150i, or with replacements? Also, do I need an extra Fan LED Hub?
Thanks,
Tom
Attached Images
File Type: png dMbVSoz.png (496.0 KB, 17 views)

Old 12-25-2019, 12:43 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1028584

Hey man. if using the stock ML fans supplied with the H150i then you would only need the one RGB Fan LED hub...that diagram is allowing for rgb fans on both sides of the rad....

Old 12-25-2019, 03:24 PM

POST ID # = 1028605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
Hey man. if using the stock ML fans supplied with the H150i then you would only need the one RGB Fan LED hub...that diagram is allowing for rgb fans on both sides of the rad....
Thanks Zotty, I'm thinking of both sides though for push/pull. Just making sure I use the right diagram and right fans.

Old 12-25-2019, 03:53 PM
Chronic Upgrader
Hockster2's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1028607
Hockster2 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom899 View Post
Thanks Zotty, I'm thinking of both sides though for push/pull. Just making sure I use the right diagram and right fans.
I'd recommend putting the rad in the top as exhaust. I had a 500SE for a while, got rid of it because of lousy cooling. For a time I had the 360 in front using a push/pull setup, but the front is quite restrictive, the slots on the sides do not let much air in, and with a radiator it just exacerbates the problem. The CPU did stay cool, but everything else got hotter due to a lack of airflow. moving the rad to the top, even with only a push fan arrangement worked much better. Effect on the CPU was negligible but the GPU dropped over 15°C at load.

I dumped the case entirely for a Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL. Just as nice looking, in my opinion, but vastly superior cooling. And cable routing is significantly better as well.

Old 12-25-2019, 08:07 PM

POST ID # = 1028626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockster2 View Post
I'd recommend putting the rad in the top as exhaust. I had a 500SE for a while, got rid of it because of lousy cooling. For a time I had the 360 in front using a push/pull setup, but the front is quite restrictive, the slots on the sides do not let much air in, and with a radiator it just exacerbates the problem. The CPU did stay cool, but everything else got hotter due to a lack of airflow. moving the rad to the top, even with only a push fan arrangement worked much better. Effect on the CPU was negligible but the GPU dropped over 15°C at load.

I dumped the case entirely for a Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL. Just as nice looking, in my opinion, but vastly superior cooling. And cable routing is significantly better as well.
I've had two Lian Li cases, and I really like them, top quality and finish. Thanks for the suggestion, the XL looks good. I'm not sure if the width of the case will fit my space configuration.

Old 12-25-2019, 11:20 PM
Chronic Upgrader
Hockster2's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1028636
Hockster2 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom899 View Post
I've had two Lian Li cases, and I really like them, top quality and finish. Thanks for the suggestion, the XL looks good. I'm not sure if the width of the case will fit my space configuration.
There's a regular width version as well. I wanted the wide one cuz I really suck at, and hate, cable management. The hot swap drive cages were a bonus that I wanted as well.

Old 01-04-2020, 01:22 AM
lCwXl's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1029714
lCwXl Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isthar View Post
Hi!

I have just bought a Corsair Obsidian 500D SE. It comes with 3 LL fans on the front and I have added one more as exhaust in the back.

I have water cooling H115i RGB Platinum mounted at the top.

I'm using this diagram:

Being 1, 2 and 3 in the hub my front fans from top to bottom and 4 in the hub the rear fan.

I'm trying to setup iCue/Commander PRO so after ligthing 1, 2 and 3 fans it lights the H115i and at the last the 4 fan.
But it lights 1, 2, 3, 4 and at last H115i RGB. As the H115i RGB is in the middle of the box, it would be nicer to light it between the last front fan and the rear one.

Is it possible?

I am thinking of running the same setup as Isthar (without the RGB LED Strips) and i would like to have some confirmations before actually making my purchase. This setup is especially confusing for me since H115i comes with 2 ML140s while the Obsidian 500D SE comes with 3 LL120s.
RGB setup is so confusing!

1. The first and most important question, is the wiring mentioned by Isthar correct? Will i be able to control the RGB for all my fans?
2. I was under the impression that all RGB fans will need to be routed through a RGB Fan Led Hub but it seems that the LED control from the H115i is connected directly to the commander pro's USB hub. This is all that is needed?
3. Just one wire for both the Fan control and the RGB control?
4. Do i need to purchase another RGB Fan Led Hub since H115i RGB does not come with one?

Old 01-04-2020, 02:29 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1029716

1 yes
2 the H115i is self contained. it controls its own RGB/Speeds(pump head and Fans) the connection to commander Pro is USB
3 see answer number 2
2 no. see answer number 2

Old 01-04-2020, 01:14 PM
mdemita's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1029771
mdemita Reputation: 10

New member, first build.

- I have the 500D RGB SE with a 'fan down' 1000W EVGA PSU. Put a 120LL RGB exhaust in the rear.

- Purchased the H115i which comes with 2x ML140's. Purchased 2x LL140 RGB fans hoping to replace the ML's with the LL's and get the lighting to sync in sequence rolling from front, across top, to rear exhaust.

Questions are:

1. Will this work and, if so, how do I connect the LL140's so that RGB control sequences correctly without losing CPU fan speed control for temps?

2. Was planning on testing the LL modded H115i on both top and front by swapping out fan assembly. In front, either the 3xLL120's with no rad or the 2xLL140's with 280mm rad would of course be intake. On top, I was planning on exhaust. System will be enclosed in my lower desk on two sides (side clearance about 2" each side) and top (clearance only about 2" on top) with the rear open and a door in front that I leave open but can close when system is idling. Any suggestions to maximize cooling in this situation?

3. Anyone have any good ideas as to what to do with the two ML-140's? :) Was considering simply powering one to put at the top rear of my computer desk enclosure to facilitate heat exhaust from the 2-sided and top desk enclosure. Or maybe mounting one on opposite side (outside) of the rear LL120 exhaust (vs. in the case) as push-pull without lighting? Want to balance pressure between the PSU fan intake and system fans.

4. My 2 x LL140 fans will come with the lighting node. Will I want or need to use this?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Mike

Last edited by mdemita; 01-04-2020 at 01:22 PM.