Corsair Community

Corsair LL120 RGB Fans Factory lighting effect, how to get it back?

mmoore5325

When I built my computer, the first lighting effect the fans had a real strong and bright rainbow effect. I downloaded the iCue software and now the rainbow effect seems alot more dull. I like how the software has given me some control but ever since I left that initial factory settings I haven't been able to figure out how to get them back.

I have uploaded 2 videos on youtube. One from when I initally just turned on my PC for the first time, and the one I created a few minutes ago, which should hopefully explain what I am talking about.

Brand new PC, fans set to factory defaults:

[ame]

[/ame]

After iCue software, closest I can get to factory defaults:

[ame]

[/ame]

I loved the factory defaults because while it was extremely bright, it still also gave the inside the appearance of being much darker, while this new is giving too much white light. Is there a way to get back to the factory settings, and manipulate those settings more to my specifications?

And a side note, when i start icue software, it finds the device I installed on my PC with the LED 1 and 2 slots, but when I go to "Lighting setup", it has "HD RGB Series Fans", "SP RGB Series Fans", "LL RGB Series Fans", and "ML RGB Series Fans", as well as "RGB Light Strip." I assume I am supposed to use "HD RGB Fans"? That gives me options that lets me modify the fans but it does not have an option that will return it to its original factory settings, that I can find anyways.

Thanks!

Edited by mmoore5325

There are no hidden effects. There is a lot of glare in your video, but I think you are looking for rainbow wave. You are on rainbow spiral now. Those are the first two effects on the top of the list. However, before doing that, go back and change your fan type back to "LL Fans". That's what you have. Telling iCUE you have a different fan with a different number of LEDs will change the effect. You may also want to experiment or check the brightness slider in the settings for your Lighting Node Pro. While you can alter individual brightness through the color wheel, the slider in settings will increase or decrease it across the entire device.

Ill try that later, but I feel like I went through them all, and I don't know if they had the settings set special in some way, but I feel like its easy to see the difference in those pictures. The top one is much different. But regardless, my question is if there is a way to get the fans by to factory settings.

To be honest I have other modes that I prefer using with single colors, but when it comes to any of the rainbow colored modes, the default seems the best. It has bright colors, and the colors arent in sync among the fans, which I like in all my modes. That is, the colors or the blinking of the individual LEDs in each fan to be out of sync with each other, but the main thing I liked about the default mode is it doesnt produce a bunch of ambient white light, keeping the inside of my box lit up. I'm not sure why the others produce so much white light compared to the default mode but they do.

Thanks for your help.

If you can answer a bonus question, I'm curious as to what is a good keyboard to get where you can use the icue software to program different patterns of lights on the keys and different effects when keys are pressed.

Thanks.

Thanks for your help.

If you can answer a bonus question, I'm curious as to what is a good keyboard to get where you can use the icue software to program different patterns of lights on the keys and different effects when keys are pressed.

Thanks.

That's a loaded question - any of the Corsair RGB keyboards will fit that bill and they are all excellent. Personally, I have the K95 with Cherry MX Browns and I absolutely love it. But you can get the same RGB effects on the K70 MK.2, the Strafe MK.2 ... and the rest. The differences are in the available switches (not all switches are available on all models), the number of programmable keys (the K95 has 6 "G Keys"), the material on the body (plastic vs aluminum) and onboard memory. The MK.2 and K95 all have the roller volume (which I really like).

• 10 months later...
I have the same problem, i dont install Icue anymore because i dont want to lose this effect. its beautiful, unfortantly i cant setup my K95 RGB settings becasue i cant install icue because i lose these beautiful hidden rgb effects. plse @corsair help us with this problem. we want to have icue software but when installed, we dont see this ---->> [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBprY3bgwHc[/ame] effect anymore.

• 1 month later...
FINALLY there is an updat in the newest corsair ICUE 3.21.88 there is FINALLY the lightning mode that was missing. it called Rainbow Channel

Rainbow Channel mode was added in for most devices back in iCUE 3.19. There have been several other lighting changes in the 1 year since the original post.