The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2018, 01:53 AM

POST ID # = 970524
pegnose Reputation: 10

Right after my last posting I had reset the keyboard (it is ESC, not FN). The lock indicators worked fine after that for quite some time, despite the usual hibernation plus power cut. I was prepared to apologize to the world for my unjustified raging. Luckily, I didn't.

Because today after waking my PC up from hibernation the problem reoccurred (lock indicators offline, connection to the software lost). This time I waited ~10 seconds between un- and re-plugging the USB receiver. This time it worked.

So basically...
- the problem was not solved by the reset, but somewhat alleviated, it seems
- waiting long enough helps with the USB receiver reconnect
- maybe it is some sort of race condition during the boot sequence which determines whether everything goes fine or not

And then I realized something else..

AGAIN I AM DOING CORSAIRS ****ING JOB! SPENDING ****ING HOURS ON THE DIAGNOSIS THEY SHOULD BE DOING RIGHT NOW!

But they are smart, having this forum, letting all of us little idiots work for free. They are so smart. Greedy bastards.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:45 PM
Apophis3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 970720
Apophis3 Reputation: 12

Waiting the extended amout of time allows Windows to update internally on the status of USB attachments, as it loads and changes registry entries and loads/unloads drivers, all hitting the OS drive it's installed on. Microsoft's OS isn't fast enough for your tastes.

Also, do you have Fast Boot enabled on your machine? If so, disable it pronto, as that is known to cause driver issues. IIRC this will probably also disable Hibernation, which is also a thing not necessary for machines using SSDs. Sleep works just fine.

If this isn't an option for you, and you must use Hibernation, then direct your anger at Microsoft where it belongs.

Old 08-29-2018, 06:07 PM

POST ID # = 970724

This literally is the only device of mine that needs an extended waiting period for updating USB driver status. My PC is not really slow, you know.

And of course I have fast boot disabled.

And no, disabling fast boot _does not_ disable hibernation.

And please don't tell me how to use my PC. How often do I have to say this? Thank you very much.

No other device of mine has an issue with hibernation. It is a common power saving issue. And drivers not supporting hibernation properly... are buggy. Again, thank you very much.

Old 08-30-2018, 01:13 PM
Apophis3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 970808
Apophis3 Reputation: 12

Then I leave you to your own devices, as I no longer wish to help you.

Old 08-30-2018, 03:38 PM

POST ID # = 970816

Which is perfectly fine. I appreciate your help but I don't appreciate people telling me what to do.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:23 AM

POST ID # = 976888

Did I already mention that, if I try to enter my password on windows logon and I haven't pressed another key before, the password always turns out to be wrong?

On first use after power-up I literally have to press another key before being able to enter my password correctly. Ridiculous. This is such a dumb product.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:08 PM

POST ID # = 977860
datsyuk Reputation: 20

I had my indicator lights freezing for months and could not figure it out. I tried every possible troubleshoot I could think of. I even went as far as swapping a motherboard into my new PC and it did not work.

The issue is related to when CUE is running. Any kind of dynamic lighting the indicator lights freeze. I got sick of this, got a refund on the keyboard and never looked back.

Old 10-26-2018, 06:43 AM

POST ID # = 977947

Understandable. My problem is that I got used to the lapboard so much that I find it hard to go back.

Still sad that such a pricey product still is so buggy after quite a while after release. What are you doing, Corsair.

Tags
caps lock, led failure