The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2018, 07:51 AM
-arKtic-'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 946579
-arKtic- Reputation: 10
Default K70 rapidfire warranty

I was playing some games on my PC and then my street had a power outage. My k70 now scrolls through random colours which are different to every key, and none of the buttons register. My k70 is basically a $200 potato. I was wondering if this falls under warranty and if I could get a replacement because the keyboard is barely 5 months old. Thanks.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:44 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 946668
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Sounds like the keyboard may have entered Demo Mode. Try unplugging the keyboard, hold ESC, plug the keyboard back in, and release ESC after 5secs. The keyboard should blink and return to normal.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:32 PM
yyforum's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946690
yyforum Reputation: 10
Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -arKtic- View Post
I was playing some games on my PC and then my street had a power outage. My k70 now scrolls through random colours which are different to every key, and none of the buttons register. My k70 is basically a $200 potato. I was wondering if this falls under warranty and if I could get a replacement because the keyboard is barely 5 months old. Thanks.
Hope you were able to fix it!

You should look into Battery Backups (UPS) to prevent electronic damage. Better safe than sorry. You don't want more potatoes do you?

Old 03-27-2018, 05:30 AM
-arKtic-'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 946733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Sounds like the keyboard may have entered Demo Mode. Try unplugging the keyboard, hold ESC, plug the keyboard back in, and release ESC after 5secs. The keyboard should blink and return to normal.
Holyyyy crap thank you so much dude! It fixed it!!! I was so scared that I had to deal with the standard Microsoft Keyboard, that came with an old AIO PC I used to have bahaha. Thank you so much!

Old 03-27-2018, 05:32 AM
-arKtic-'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 946734

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyforum View Post
Hope you were able to fix it!

You should look into Battery Backups (UPS) to prevent electronic damage. Better safe than sorry. You don't want more potatoes do you?
I managed to fix it, thankfully. I'm definitely going to look into some Battery Backups because I don't want the risk of getting some potatoes bahahaha!!

Old 03-28-2018, 03:56 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 947274
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by -arKtic- View Post
I managed to fix it, thankfully. I'm definitely going to look into some Battery Backups because I don't want the risk of getting some potatoes bahahaha!!
Fun fact: the keyboard can go into demo mode if it gets power but no signal from the computer. This could have happened when the power outage struck and you powered up the system afterwards.