Old 10-07-2018, 09:23 AM
Max_97's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975438
Max_97 Reputation: 10

Same here, any fix?

Old 10-16-2018, 10:25 AM

POST ID # = 976621
farzher Reputation: 10

Same issue. Only left ear. But playing audio does not fix it.
If i walk out of wireless range, the static stops.
I updated firmware, no change.
It's driving me crazy Σ(・口・)

Is there ANYONE with this headset who doesn't have the issue? How do reviewers not mention it? It immediately sounded faulty

Last edited by farzher; 10-16-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:03 AM

POST ID # = 980889
DeadEye1899 Reputation: 10
Default Same

Same problem here.
It's such a shame this was not mentioned in any review whatsoever.

This is not that we have a faulty unit, this is every unit has the static left noise. It's a production problem.

Still the sound is great overall but this really needs to be addressed, it's quite annoying. I wonder who in Corsair tested this headset, probably they were having a bad day.

I think after force updating the firmware it got somewhat better though. But needs to be fully solved.

Old 11-24-2018, 12:35 PM
Sparq's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981840
Sparq Reputation: 10

just for information, the void pro wireless one also has the same issue, EXACT same one, but the 10 hour video thing workaround doesn't seem to work for me

Old 12-03-2018, 12:46 PM

POST ID # = 983371
loolmachine Reputation: 10
Sigh..

22.12.2018 SOLVED: I swapped them for a replace, didnt fix the problem. Went back to the store, gave em back and too Razer's Nari's instead. I have no static at all now, even when volume is turned to max. This kind of **** is just infuriating and unacceptable. There is a clear problem with the headset with the static voice on the left cup (and the battery issue). Not one review mentions it nor have corsair aknowledged this problem. I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU RETURN YOUR HS70 AND TAKE ANOTHER MANUFACTURER. Peace out.

Just made account to say that i also have this issue. Buzzing/static from left ear. Yesterday didnt notice it while listening to music and gaming, so the ''playback youtube 10 hour video thing'' did work, but today it didnt work. Now i hear buzzing sound regardless of if i have audio playing in the background or not. I also have latest firmware etc. Bought these 2 days ago, maybe i should return and swap, though i am a little skeptic that the hardware is faulty because you cant find basically any complaints in reviews or google search so also thinking its a firmware issue. Also, when i have the headphones on and no audio playing the buzzing occasionally, maybe once in a few minutes, stops for like 3 seconds and then continues. So that also makes me think that its a firmware issue rather than hardware.

Might try on different setups to see if its my pc causing the static. Did test my previous ones(logitech g931) on different setups and it didnt help

Very annoying stuff, my last wireless cups (logitech g931) had also static issues and you might expect your next ones which are a lot newer to not have but hey what do you say..

Edit. Further testing done. Noticed that when i plug in the usb dongle that is used to charge the headphones, the static noise in left ear goes way up and when i unplug it, it goes way down. Soo this might suggest that it is actually my computer somehow making the interference.

Edit 2. 4.12.2018. So i went to the shop and took a replacement. Can confirm that the same issue persists with the new ones i got. Did some testing too: I plugged in my new ones and let them fully charge. I then tested them without installing ICU. There was noticeable static buzzing on the left side. I then installed ICU (BUT did not install latest firmware) and the sound persisted but when i restarted computer after installation the static on the left did go down a lot. I still notice it though if i swap my headphones so that right cup is on left ear and left on right ear. Ive decided not to install the latest firmware yet. Other really interesting thing that i noticed was that when i go to the ICU mic volume tuning or windows mic volume tuning and start turning the volume of the mic down, around 40-50percent and all the way to zero volume of maximum the buzzing on the left ear goes really loud. WHen i tune the mic volume back to over about 40-50 percent, the buzzing suddenly goes down a lot. Disabling the mic in the windows ''recording'' doesnt affect the buzzing static. Only tuning the mic volume down makes it go loud.

Also for the people thinking why no one mentioned this thing in their reviews im myself astounded by that too. Since so many of us have reported this in this thread and as it is propable we all have so different pc's it shouldnt be a pc hardware issue.. Im thinking maybe they have changed their production parts or maybe these headphones are made in a few different places, and they use different manufacturers for some parts.. i dont know just speculating here.

I really hope it is a firmware issue and this is addressed. I really like the sound of these headphones but i can hear the buzzing in the left all the time and i tell you it is making me nuts.. I try not to hear it but it is impossible it just sticks over. I wouldnt mind the buzzing but it just makes me kinda''dizzy'' and annoyed. Gonna try if i ''get used to it'' for a few weeks and if not then i guess i have no choice but to return these and change to a different manufacturer..

Last edited by loolmachine; 12-22-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Old 01-16-2019, 05:38 AM

POST ID # = 990109
VermiVermi Reputation: 10

So this happened to me as well, but the noise was in right ear always. I hear it, my gf hear it. I went back to the store, they sent it to service center. Surprisingly, service center said that there was nothing wrong with headset. So I can't get my money back. This is really nice.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:33 PM
luis1725's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991373
luis1725 Reputation: 10

Same problem here.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:24 AM

POST ID # = 993174
Devereme Reputation: 10

When I have the headset connected but no sounds playing i hear a slight static in the left ear only. If i play a video or gameand pause it the static is quieter then a second or two later it gets louder and stays that way till i play the sounds/video again. I've tried different ports on the computer for the receiver. I've tried different computers all together. But its really bugging me and im not sure what to do.

I just bought on Amazon.com. I tried reinstalling firmware for headset.
When I plugged in the charger the sound comes more from the right side.
Headset's volume level does not affect static noise. Please help me...

Old 02-09-2019, 07:44 AM

POST ID # = 993314
Nijax1010 Reputation: 10
Default FIX Found

Made an account to let you guys know.

If you go into CUE and turn off light effects on the headset it stops the noise.

Hope this helps

Old 02-10-2019, 06:44 AM

POST ID # = 993461
Devereme Reputation: 10
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijax1010 View Post
Made an account to let you guys know.

If you go into CUE and turn off light effects on the headset it stops the noise.

Hope this helps
I think There is no light effect on my hs70 se and i tried to off autoshutoff. No differences... I will send to amazon for return on monday...

Old 02-12-2019, 11:25 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 993953
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

Try turning off Sidetone in iCUE and see if the issue persists.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:59 PM

POST ID # = 995041
PastorOfMuppets Reputation: 10

I also just created an account to let you know that I still have the issue.
I bought the HS70 a year back and I had these problems from day one. I hoped that the problem was just a software issue and that corsair would fix it. I really love my K63 keyboard but seeing how corsair handles the obvious problems (or doesn't at all) just makes me not want to buy any other product from them.
The problem with the HS70 seems to be an unfixable one and it's just a shame that corsair doesn't recall the devices that have this issue as there seem to exist quite a lot of them.
I just can't believe that the people designing that headset were deaf enough to not hear the noise as it is extremely annoying. Releasing a product like this to your customers is just unacceptable.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:34 PM

POST ID # = 1002373
slotth Reputation: 10
Default fixed?

Im not even kidding but tapping the headphone (with it not on your head) stops the hiss indefinitely. sometimes for days.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:59 PM

POST ID # = 1013289
Jaw327 Reputation: 10

yeah, it's on every pair of these. I think reviewers just don't want to say anything too negative when brands give them free stuff. But this is a production issue with Corsair headsets. Send them back. Too bad because I really like the look of them and the ability to remove the microphone.

Tags
hs70, left ear only, static, wireless