The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2018, 11:37 PM
god_bmxes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945615
god_bmxes Reputation: 10
Default Corsair LL Series Fans Not Working

Good day everyone, I have just started having some issues with my Corsair LL series fans today. A while earlier I saw an LED flicker and was not sure if it was my coimputer or my RGB in my office. I turned off the office lighting and not too ling after the LEDs went off in my computer. One of my 4 strips on my LNP LED Strip kit went off but came back later. However 2 of my fans were not lighting up at all. Tried changeding the configureation in Link and nothing, tried reseating connections and not too long after all the RGBs went off except a single LED in the center ring of one of the fans. Below are the things I have tried already and I do not have Aura installed on my computer currently

Reseated the cables in the fan hub from the kit
Reseated the USB2.0 connectors
Reseated cables on Lighting Node Pro
Rebooted

Old 03-19-2018, 11:39 PM
god_bmxes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945616

I did a little more TSing and uninstalled Link, when I reinstalled and selected to launch link it did not launch, nothing in task manager and I tried launcheing again. Currently working form home so I will have to wait until my lunch but after I will reboot the compouter and see what happens. Side not nothing else is acting funny with the machine. It is only Link and the LEDs

Old 03-20-2018, 06:46 AM
god_bmxes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945640

Still not able to get Link to launch after reboot
If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:52 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945644
DevBiker Reputation: 88

It sounds like a conflict. You mentioned that you don't have Aura installed. Do you have any other system monitoring tools installed? Aida? HWInfo? HWMonitor?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:15 AM
god_bmxes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945650

I just looked through my installed programs and all I have in that realm are some MSI apps for my GPU, MSi Gaming app and Dragon eye aswell as afterburner. I have GPUz and Fraps. That is all I can find

Old 03-20-2018, 09:03 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945659

Can you try downgrading 1 version of Link?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Animosity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945695
Animosity Reputation: 10

I am having the same issues. This first popped up last night after the system was off for about 12 hours. All Fans and LED strips were working when the system was shut down. When started back up, the 5th fan in the sequence only had 1 inner LED working and the 6th fan was off. I did the same trouble shooting as the OP. I swapped fan 6 to fan 5's slot on the connector and the fans began working again with the exception of original fan 5. Now all LED's were working except the one that was on previously. I did have a firmware update for the Link controller a few days ago. Could this be the issue? I REALLY do not want to pull this thing apart and swap out a fan. It is mounted to a radiator on a custom loop. I'm looking at 5+ hours of work if corsair sent out a faulty fan that cost me $120 for a three pack. I am hoping this is just Corsair's usual shoddy programming at fault here... I don't know why I stay loyal to this company.

EDIT: Will post system specs when I get home.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:16 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animosity View Post
I am having the same issues. This first popped up last night after the system was off for about 12 hours. All Fans and LED strips were working when the system was shut down. When started back up, the 5th fan in the sequence only had 1 inner LED working and the 6th fan was off. I did the same trouble shooting as the OP. I swapped fan 6 to fan 5's slot on the connector and the fans began working again with the exception of original fan 5. Now all LED's were working except the one that was on previously. I did have a firmware update for the Link controller a few days ago. Could this be the issue? I REALLY do not want to pull this thing apart and swap out a fan. It is mounted to a radiator on a custom loop. I'm looking at 5+ hours of work if corsair sent out a faulty fan that cost me $120 for a three pack. I am hoping this is just Corsair's usual shoddy programming at fault here... I don't know why I stay loyal to this company.

EDIT: Will post system specs when I get home.
It's unlikely that it's programming. What you describe are the classic symptoms of a fan's RGB failing unfortunately.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:30 PM
Animosity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945704
Animosity Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
It's unlikely that it's programming. What you describe are the classic symptoms of a fan's RGB failing unfortunately.
That's even worse... This is definitely not the quality one would expect from a $40 fan... Hopefully Corsair's customer service is worth something... This was purchased in a pack of 3. There is not way I'm taking 3 fans out and trying to return them to the retailer. That's going to turn a 4-5 hour job into a 6 hour job. My time is money. Great quality control there Corsair!

Okay, venting done... Time to contact support lol

Old 03-20-2018, 07:17 PM
vore77's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945729
vore77 Reputation: 10

im on my second 3 pack and nether one has worked and customer service is a joke im done spending hundereds of dollars on corsair junk

Old 03-21-2018, 12:21 AM
god_bmxes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945754

Just got back on my computer, did a power drain when I got off work at 730 this morning. Did a power drain when I turned it off and left it umplugged until I got back on it. I also uninstalled Corsair Link before shuting down. I am reinstalling link and I will go with the second to newest version. Thinking the fan hub is dead as it is just the RGB that is not working and the led strips on the other channel are working fine

Old 03-21-2018, 12:34 AM
god_bmxes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945755

Okay so I got an older version of Link downloaded. It does not even have the LL fans on there. My LED strips are up anmd running fine. I went to add the second channel with the HD series fans as the LL was not on there and just one of the LEDs on my fans are running. I am gonna update the link to a newer version and see if anything changes but I think it is down to either the controller or the fans being dead

Old 03-21-2018, 12:43 AM
god_bmxes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945757

Okay so I had a spare lighting node pro, swapped it for my current one and the issue stays so it is definately the fan controller thing or the fans. Also got link installed on an older version and it is working also.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:46 AM
god_bmxes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945758

Anyone have any other ideas before I contyact support for a possible RMA

Old 03-21-2018, 06:35 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945777

What you described was a pretty class case of the fan failing. If you want further confirmation, put the fan that is on port #6 into port #1.
If what looks to be the case is true, this should take out all of the fans.

Tags
corsair, led, ll, pro, rgb