Corsair Community

Is iCUE still incompatible with Nvidia cards?

Rex4748

Pretty much everyone on the Nvidia forum has been saying iCUE is not compatible with Nvidia cards and causes issues. Is this still the case? Has it been looked into?

I can't find any download links for CUE now that support has been discontinued, so I'm not really sure what else I'm supposed to do...

Hey, hey!

iCUE nor CUE nor LINK have ever had the ability to control the lighting on NVidia gpus, and I've never had an issue running either of those programs with my gpu, which is NVidia based - asus strix geforce 1080.

I use AuraSync to control mobo and gpu lighting, icue for everything else. Never had conflicts.

is this RTX cards??.. has been reports of certain 2070 and 2080 cards not showing in icue... at a guess this will be sorted in next release of icue.. but as said... its only to see temps and fans speeds... never been able too control lighting or anything else

I'm not trying to control the GPU LEDs with iCUE. I'm asking because when I was trying to diagnose issues on my last card (which was faulty) on the Geforce forums, I was told by several of the top posters to uninstall iCUE and not use it because it causes Nvidia cards to crash.

I didn't have issues with it before, but everyone there seems very adamant about not installing it, so I was curious about what the situation with this is.

They’re mis informed. I am among the nvidia users who on multiple systems and multiple

Os installs and icue versions I’d not had a problem with the two.

As to leds on nvidia cards they have a software that lets you do temp control or on off or blink type effects. I tend to leave mine on temp warning or off. Not sure they have integrations but there are many models out there.

Edit zotty first...

Those posters are misinformed. While iCUE may crash now and again, its not because your GPU is Nvidia. However, having app up and open on the desktop will use GPU resources, so in the interest of troubleshooting you might close the app or keep it minimized. Any other complexity? G-Sync monitor?

Just to pile on here ... I have 5 different systems all with different nVidia cards in them ... all running iCue ... not a problem.

I don't know how those "top posters" got that in their heads. But I can guarantee you this ... if that were the case, there would be NO END of screaming on this forum. And, TBH, it'd be justified.

• 3 months later...
I have just installed a Gigabyte RTX 2080 gpu and iCue doesn't detect it. It detected my previous Gigabyte GTX 1070 card. As far as I'm aware I have the latest version of iCue and I downloaded and installed the latest Nvidia drivers on Saturday, when I installed the 2080.

I have just installed a Gigabyte RTX 2080 gpu and iCue doesn't detect it. It detected my previous Gigabyte GTX 1070 card. As far as I'm aware I have the latest version of iCue and I downloaded and installed the latest Nvidia drivers on Saturday, when I installed the 2080.

After installing the Nvidia driver and restarting the PC, check again. Restart the service in the settings panel if it is still not there. This common on the Touring cards, but it will show up.

Archived