Corsair Community

HX1000 burned my motherboard

GhoStBuSteR

Hello!

I've been a happy user of my HX1000 many years but recently I had been running into some stability issues and finally last morning my PC had shut off by itself. When i pressed the power button it only flashed on for a second before turning off again.

I began to take my pc apart to find the component resposible for the malfunction and when i removed the ATX 24-pin i found my answer. The PSU had burned two pins of itself and my mobo. I can add some pics if needed but its hard because I have no access to my main PC.

I issued an RMA request, ticket # is 6205898.

Since HX1000 is not in production anymore, where would I be

discussing about the replacement and possibly upgrading to AX1200i?

Hi Ghostbuster,

Sorry to hear this. I 've had that happen a couple of times my self. In most cases the board will be fine. Having said that, I would test the board to see if it is damaged or not first.

Since you have already submitted a ticket , you have already done the right thing.However if the board is damaged then you would want to log back into your ticket and request a damage claim form.

As far as the upgrade is concerned, since the HX100 is no longer in production, CS will contact you about a suitable replacement.

Really, just wait for the process to take it's course at this point..

Thanks for answering!

And thanks for the info, I'll be filling out the damage claim form now.

I dont think the motherboard is in working condition anymore, the area around two burnt pins is bent and blackened and the plastic around one PSU cable pin has melted into the mobo power socket . And I wouldn't want to risk bricking another PSU testing the old motherboard.

Hmm... Where excactly does one find the damage claim form..? Corsair has improved their pages greatly since the last time I had to RMA stuff, but it still makes my head ache sometimes :D:

Hmm thats weird. My RMA ticket in in corsair.force.com tells me that it's status is now closed.

It closed after I received the damage claim form three days ago. Is this normal?

Also the email says they will contact me in 24-48 hours and I've still heard nothing of them...

You received my packet yesterday (i guess, the time zones are a bit confusing :D:), any idea on how long it's going to take for me to receive information about a replacement PSU?

By the way, UPS is a great delivery company! It only took 3 days for them to deliver the packet almost to the other side of the world, while our national post here in Finland struggles to deliver a simple letter within a workweek. :p:

Ghostbuster's diary, November 14th:

It's been seven days since the power supply was successfully delivered to Corsair headquarters but I haven't heard a whisper of them either by email or in the thread.

Desperation is imminent. No PSU, no games. The only thing keeping me company is the eerie glow of my old 13-inch laptop's display and incessantly pushing the F5 button to refresh thread in the hopes of an answer.

I really hope I get some information soon.

Archived