Corsair Community

CUE Feature Suggestions

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps these have been suggested already but if not...

Allow a passthru( on ! off) to be set for any key assigned to CUE specific functions so the key value goes thru CUE and on to whatever application you're using. For instance, if the 1 key does something in a game, like activate a specific POV, and you want to use that key to change to a specific mode, allow both to occur.

An About tab would be nice, you know, version, web address, check for update sort of thing.

Let us iconize the program and have it still work. A requirement to leave it as an open window in the background is about as lame as you can get.

No, you understood but perhaps my experience is in error.

When I run a game for which a profile and modes have been created they keycap colors show up only when CUE is expanded into a window, not when it is iconized.

This sounds like a bug. I can minimize CUE to system tray (iconized) and CUE is still working and switching profiles.

Edit: btw using CUE 2

Something nice would be the ability to trigger any action from a macro, instead of just other macros.

Could be incredibly powerful in combination with batch files.

Winamp has a feature that lets you copy the path of the current track to the clipboard, so it would allow stuff like:

-Press hotkey to copy path to clipboard

-Launch batch file that reads the path in the clipboard and copies the file to a favourites directory

Or, alternatively, proper scripting in general.

Edit: Figured out a hacky way to do it, would be nice to have the ability to do this from the UI though

Edited by Blacktronics

These are gaming peripherals? Or are they only for artistic expression?

Give me a gaming button for the keyboard/mouse LED's - Game Mode, no lights. Make it big and easy to find. LEDs are fun. But the LED focus of the software is making a mess of what gaming software needs to do. Macros are the bread and butter, work on that page. The old system was not too bad, the new one is pretty clunky and begs the question "why did they fix what ain't broke?".

Give me a "peripheral not found" page with a list of Corsair hardware. Then put a button in to "force find" a certain hardware and if it fails, what to try. The headset would probably be the main use there. Certainly headset/dongle recognition is a problem or there would not be so many posts on it.

Add in a "emergency mode" that bypasses the receiver if the headset is plugged into a USB.

You just got home and peripherals are not working. This is when the test of Gaming vs eye candy comes to the fore. With no real setup experience (you set this up once a few months ago), how fast can you get your headset recognized by Teamspeak and compile your macros for keyboard and mouse?

Don't test with your developers, test with gamers that do NOT use Corsair products. If they stumble with the software, note where and fix it. Maybe one day you will not be able to find someone who has no experience with CUE because it will be that good.

These are gaming peripherals? Or are they only for artistic expression?

Give me a gaming button for the keyboard/mouse LED's - Game Mode, no lights. Make it big and easy to find. LEDs are fun. But the LED focus of the software is making a mess of what gaming software needs to do. Macros are the bread and butter, work on that page.

Just use a profile with no lights for your games. :roll:

And for me, I play a lots game and like many others I never needed to use a macro. So macros aren't "the bread and butter" for everyone! ;):

Hi all,

I wanted to give an update. I'll probably be sitting down with the developers to discuss future enhancements. If you guys have any suggestions, now is the time to post here so I can pass it along. I will also make this a sticky for now.

Thanks!

Hi,

In a game such as Diablo 3, where I may want to quickly bring up the Character Sheet and then right-click on a position in the inventory to quickly equip the item in that slot, then close the Character Sheet, I would like for my mouse position to return to where it was originally so I can quickly click on the shrine/target or return instantly back to what I was doing with very little interruption from triggering the macro.*

This is currently possible with AutoHotkey and other macro tools. It would be great if CUE could support it. Workflow is like this:

1) Save Current Mouse Position X+Y

2) Keypress <C> (Open Inventory)

3) Move Mouse to slot X+Y

4) Right-Click

5) Keypress <Space> (closes Inventory)

6) Restore saved Mouse Position X+Y

*It would also be nice to lock mouse movement until the macro completes execution and then release movement.

A usability suggestion: The slider under the list of profiles is rather hard to notice, probably because it's rather thin. Some sort of visual enhancement would be welcome... a lighter gray or perhaps an outline or symbol.

^^^^THIS^^^^ I had no idea there was a slide and I kept clicking on the Corsair gaming label in the upper right corner which expands the list of profiles and I then select the one I want. Now that I look really closely I see it but I never noticed it. So yeah a change to the slide button would be nice.

1) Save Current Mouse Position X+Y

2) Keypress <C> (Open Inventory)

THIS RIGHT HERE.

3) Move Mouse to slot X+Y

4) Right-Click

5) Keypress <Space> (closes Inventory)

6) Restore saved Mouse Position X+Y

I would also like to request part of what is requested in this quote. At the company I work for we are using these keyboards to do common tasks very quickly. Part of what we need is to record specific mouse positions instead of mouse movements. I think that this would help us a lot.

I understand that this would vary your program depending on your screen resolution but right now there doesn't seem to be a better option.

Option to start with key release would be useful. I really don't understand why they would skip on it.

Also, adding delay for lighting effects such as wave or ripple would be useful. Currently, moving the lighting markers closer together makes the effect thinner, so the same functionaltity as reducing the tail value.

Edited by Mmedic23
added second line.

I just got a Strafe RGB and I'm having way too much fun playing with my keyboard lighting profiles. That said, there are two big things I wish for:

1. Ability to independently set activation keys and lighting target keys.

For example, let's say I want to play a ripple across the entire keyboard when I hit the W, A, S, or D keys, originating from the pressed key. When I select keys for a lighting effect and set it to "on key press", all keys that display the effect also activate the effect when pressed. This can be worked around by creating the lighting effect, disabling it, and creating an action that plays the desired lighting effect when a specific key is pressed, BUT it will never be centered on the pressed key (ala "play on pressed key" option). It plays from the center of the area of effect. My ideal solution would be to independently select activation keys and effect keys from the lighting effect settings.

2. Ability to base lighting effects on the state of caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock.

I can "brute force" this by creating a toggled lighting effect when caps lock et al. is pressed, but it's fragile because if software ever changed the state without me pressing the key, the lighting effect would become desynced.

• 2 weeks later...

CUE 1.x seems way better. It uses half the RAM - but still too much. 70MB? CUE2 uses 150MB? Roccats App uses only 4MB.

CUE2 does not recognize the Keyboard after update. Profiles do not save.

I just wish a slim, not overcomplicated tool to set the keys once. Since the Keyboard is the only periphery device from Corsair, I do not need any support for other devices integrated in the CUE driver for my keyboard. Make them optional and keep the software RAM friendly.

I recommend that u make a Feature to the Corsair VOID to make a feature to Boost the Microphone, I know u can Adjust the microphone phsycical but i still struggle with the microphon being low after adjusting it i have tried a program which goes in and Boost it over default and it is not the right way to do it but please Make a default feature with the Headset to boost it over the 100%!

• 2 weeks later...

A "cancel" option to import profile dialogue:

http://i64.tinypic.com/333hh5d.png

(If I'm to stretch this a bit, this could do with a list too, where you select which ones you want to import by marking them first, then this dialogue could pop up if names collide.)

• Like 1

The cancel option would be cross top-right. Anyhow the UI has completely changed in CUE 2.

Ah yes, there's that. Didn't think about that atm, thanks! :D:

I just tried it, importing all my profiles again, seems to work except for one that got added anyway. Tried it twice. No biggie though.