Corsair Community

Do not buy a corsair AIO cooler

obtainr

Do not ever buy a Corssair AIO water cooler unless you read this first.

I have been using the H60i for just shy off 2 years, when yesterday it had been slowly leaking out from the connectors where it gets power and comms to. Leaked down to my motherboard made it's way into my PCI express slot and onto my GTX 1060.

So when my pc shut down i didn't see much so I tried to power it on again and nothing happens thought maybe the video card somehow just died and rush out to try RMA my video card. Upon coming home I cloisely inspected and found water marks from the water cooler connectors weird place not from any of the inlets and outlets. Making it's way down to the motherboard and throughout my component so far a fact it has killed my GTX 1060.

You do not understand how devastated I was my main rig, gaming, streaming, working pc is dead. The stupid mining that has been going up has made all the graphics card limited and inflated. I contact corsair this is what they said to me

From Corsair-----------------

"Sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. We can process a replacement for your cooler. We'd need a copy of the receipt or invoice to validate and approve the RMA. If it was purchased from a store's website, I'd suggest checking for a copy in your email or on their website. If it was purchased in a physical store the store may have a copy.

Please attach the following:

- A photo/screenshot/PDF of the receipt/invoice to the ticket so that we can validate the warranty.

----------------------------------------------------

After going through all that F@##ing issue they want to send me another AIO?????

ARE YOU $@#%ING crazy. No mentions of helping try reimburse you for all the damages they have caused. I did attach few pictures for them too. Which I will try attach to as many forums as I can so everyone is 100% aware of what they are risking with a supposedly safe AIO solution.

That's all I have to say and when I replied telling them just that I have not received a reply back yet. No one understands what I am feeling right now to be left with no pc to use just my laptop and not being able to do anything until i save up for another graphics card and move on from there hopefully motherboard isn't fried too and other components.

Please see attached pictures showing you the leaks not from the inlets but from the cooling center plate and it sliding down my motherboard. I believe the exact model was a H60I

Now not having a pc to use I will dedicate my time on ensuring every single person in the world is fully aware of what they are walking into.

Thought water cooler was now fully safe and leak proof oh boy did I mess up and costed me so much money in which I don't have at the moment until I sell off some belongings.

https://ibb.co/eziEUG

https://ibb.co/du44UG

https://ibb.co/cFQdpG

https://ibb.co/gwKGbw

they want to send me another AIO?????

No they don't.. you voided your warranty by taking it apart lol.. why would you do that?,, talk about shooting your self in the foot!

Did you take and send photos of the damage else where in your case?,, liquid in pci slots and gfx etc??....

Because you would certainly have posted them along side the taken apart pump pictures you posted above....

Thought not.... lol

so aside from generally out of focus pictures it tends to be the case that the claim against the warranty for damages and loss of other items (like mobo/gfx card etc) is only accepted after they check the water cooler and confirm its just sprung a leak rather than been abused,

perhaps try calming down a tad then getting in touch with the CSR(s) via phone and discussing the issue, chances are you would need to send them the entire pc tower and likely provide in focus pictures first.....

certainly before generating negativity from the company by badmouthing them online i would exhaust being friendly and not irate with them, i seem to recall reading other folks detailing how they got every damaged part replaced when their aio sprung a leak, pretty strange your having such an issue unless its your attitude /

Corsair could potentially take this down and report you for spreading stuff like this. They could even ban you. Not saying you are in the wrong, but Corsair is known for making some of the best AIO coolers out there, and many users are satisfied by them. They are very high quality, and generally it is quite rare for leakage in them unless YOU have tampered with it or pushed it to its limits. I’m not saying you have, but I’m saying it is possible that you accidentally did something wrong without realising.

I personally feel that 'Corssair' know better than to react to this sort of post,, its been done before and will be done again. Mr angry types have their rant and usually end up regretting it.. in this case its the awful pictures with zero proof.. and what on earth possessed him to start taking it apart is anyone's guess, if your tv broke would you take it apart and then send the pictures to the manufacturer saying its broken and really hope to be taken seriously?

Had this been a Genuine up front request for help I am sure 'Corssair' would do their best to help.

Ps...

for those that didn't spot it

'Corssair'.. it was intentional ;)......

Do not ever buy a Corssair AIO water cooler unless you read this first.

I have been using the H60i for just shy off 2 years, when yesterday it had been slowly leaking out from the connectors where it gets power and comms to. Leaked down to my motherboard made it's way into my PCI express slot and onto my GTX 1060.

So when my pc shut down i didn't see much so I tried to power it on again and nothing happens thought maybe the video card somehow just died and rush out to try RMA my video card. Upon coming home I cloisely inspected and found water marks from the water cooler connectors weird place not from any of the inlets and outlets. Making it's way down to the motherboard and throughout my component so far a fact it has killed my GTX 1060.

You do not understand how devastated I was my main rig, gaming, streaming, working pc is dead. The stupid mining that has been going up has made all the graphics card limited and inflated. I contact corsair this is what they said to me

From Corsair-----------------

"Sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. We can process a replacement for your cooler. We'd need a copy of the receipt or invoice to validate and approve the RMA. If it was purchased from a store's website, I'd suggest checking for a copy in your email or on their website. If it was purchased in a physical store the store may have a copy.

Please attach the following:

- A photo/screenshot/PDF of the receipt/invoice to the ticket so that we can validate the warranty.

----------------------------------------------------

After going through all that F@##ing issue they want to send me another AIO?????

ARE YOU $@#%ING crazy. No mentions of helping try reimburse you for all the damages they have caused. I did attach few pictures for them too. Which I will try attach to as many forums as I can so everyone is 100% aware of what they are risking with a supposedly safe AIO solution.

That's all I have to say and when I replied telling them just that I have not received a reply back yet. No one understands what I am feeling right now to be left with no pc to use just my laptop and not being able to do anything until i save up for another graphics card and move on from there hopefully motherboard isn't fried too and other components.

Please see attached pictures showing you the leaks not from the inlets but from the cooling center plate and it sliding down my motherboard. I believe the exact model was a H60I

Now not having a pc to use I will dedicate my time on ensuring every single person in the world is fully aware of what they are walking into.

Thought water cooler was now fully safe and leak proof oh boy did I mess up and costed me so much money in which I don't have at the moment until I sell off some belongings.

https://ibb.co/eziEUG

https://ibb.co/du44UG

https://ibb.co/cFQdpG

https://ibb.co/gwKGbw

Thanks for the heads up, I am currently shopping for an AIO and the most

Important thing being the service and warranty, I can clearly say I will not buy from Corsair, I have no idea which company to trust now as my #1

Choice was corsair... if I dont find an honest merchant i’ll just spend a little

more for a custom loop, atleast if something goes wrong, it’ll only be my fault.

Noone should have a crap 90$ piece of plastic ruin their rig, this is shameful coming from such a big name as corsair... i mean wtf

Important thing being the service and warranty, I can clearly say I will not buy from Corsair, I have no idea which company to trust now as my #1

Choice was corsair... if I dont find an honest merchant i’ll just spend a little

more for a custom loop, atleast if something goes wrong, it’ll only be my fault.

Noone should have a crap 90$ piece of plastic ruin their rig, this is shameful coming from such a big name as corsair... i mean wtf

If you want to take his word for it, sure.

Take a look at those pictures ... he completely disassembled the cooler before taking the pictures. Which should lead a critical eye to ask ... "How do we know that he didn't do some mod that caused the failure and then chose to blame it on Corsair?" The simple answer is "we don't". In fact, based on the evidence provided, Corsair is well within their right to completely deny his warranty request.

I had no problem when I had to RMA my cooler. Of course, I didn't disassemble it either. All vendors have failures. All vendors have support mistakes. Until humans are fully debugged, that's going to happen. But I've seen Corsair employees on this forum do what they can to get problems resolved time and time again. That, to me, is always more telling; no vendor is perfect but it's how they handle the inevitable screw ups that is the most important.

My $.02 worth.

I was going to stay out of what is obviously an anger release, but it is important to clarify the original poster has taken a snippet of the reply from Corsair and cast a certain light on the event. Whether your unit just stopped ticking one day or something catastrophic happened, the very first thing you have to do is fill out a support ticket and submit your purchase invoice to mark the start of the warranty period and to validate you are the original owner. There is no reason for tech support agent to start making promises about damage repair until the person satisfies the basic requirements that apply to everyone. A leak and subsequent system destruction is a terrible and rare event. It is going to take more than one email exchange to resolve. To think you can fire off a couple pictures and be done is childish. Try that with your auto or home insurance company when you need to make a claim.

You are right, the company behind the warranty does matter and when shopping for an AIO I do think you should take that into consideration. However, if you want to take a couple of laps around the block with some other companies, be my guest. You may be disappointed in how that goes. My first experience with Corsair hardware was decidedly negative, but 5 years later I am still here because of trust and a community that can help you. You are not going to find this level of support elsewhere. Those other brands have to hash it out on Reddit or wherever making credible information hard to find. I am in the middle of dealing with a RMA with one of those competitors and at best, it is an uniformed, casual procedure. You wouldn't think I would need to RMA their flagship model twice in 9 months, but there you go. My new H115i Pro looks very nice and I feel more secure already.

I suggest you do a forum search for leaking aio threads,, then come back here and edit your post ;) . you just cant react like that and look credible off the back of one angry but very suspect post from one person compared to the 1000's of positive posts on AIO's on here...

No one understands what I am feeling right now to be left with no pc to use just my laptop and not being able to do anything until i save up for another graphics card and move on from there hopefully motherboard isn't fried too and other components

How do you know what anyone has every been exposed to? As I sit here right now typing from my LAPTOP, I'm staring at my dead Devil's Canyon build. I'm also staring at a stock pile of parts unable to assemble due to the 1000w PSU shortage delaying my new build. My old desktop has a dead motherboard which was still under warranty when I first contacted Asus support and created my RMA but fell out of warranty after it was returned unrepaired. Now Asus is refusing to continue the RMA. Am I disappointed? Sure! The last thing you'll hear me say though is "No One knows what it's like to only be able to use my laptop". I'm thankful I'm in a position to have this back up and plenty of people out there aren't fortunate enough to be in my position. Get over yourself.

Anyway...../rant off.....sort of.

I do have some concerns about using Corsair's coolers moving forward based on my experience with their customer service numerous times in '17. I had 2 AIOs go bad, one due to leakage(ok evaporation) and the other was a pump failure. I also had the A key on my OG K95 lose a channel so it would only do a certain number of colors. All 3 of those RMA situations were horrendous.

For my H100i my CPU temps slowly were increasing over several weeks until it came to a tipping point where I was now getting close to TjMax after an hour. I suspected a thermal paste or seating issue but upon inspection the radiator was almost empty. There were signs of dry rotting on the rubber fittings at the radiator and I noticed a thin, slick, invisible film coating the entire inside of my PC. My only conclusion that somehow coolant was evaporating out of those fittings and some how misting all over my components. It took quite a while from RMA request to approval and when I called to inquire about coverage if there was any component damage it was met with deaf ears. I was told I'd need to speak to a supervisor who wasn't available but they'd give me a call when they could. That never happened but I never pressed it since my PC was in 100% working order. No I don't think that is the reason my Mobo above died.

The 2nd RMA was on a H105 on my grandmother's PC. That RMA went fine except it took so long I ended up going to Best Buy and purchasing a replacement to get her up and running. If it was me I would have just waited but she's my priority and she lives for checking Facebook every morning.

The K95 RMA was a nightmare. Before generating the RMA request back in October, I called to speak with a rep because I was apprehensive about doing the RMA. I knew it was likely I'd receive a NiB K95 Platinum rather than the OG which I had. I had purchased the K95 for one reason and I either wanted 18 programmable keys or none. He told me he'd do his best to get me the original but just in case, he offered alternative options to the K95. At first I chose this K70 but he pointed out that wasn't the RGB version. I told him that was ok because I really liked the red key caps. He came back and said since there was such a price difference between what I was rejecting and the RGB K70 that he could toss in the Red Key cap set which was the same thing included with the other. I agreed and generated the RMA request. Between then and just before New Years I received and shipped back 3 K95 Platinums. I finally spoke with a manager just before Christmas who remedied the situation by offering 2-way RMA meaning he was going to ship out the K70 before receiving the 3rd K95. Unfortunately during the time of all this mixing up the red keycap stock depleted but he assured me they were scheduled to be restocked on Dec 27 and I'd be getting them a few days later. While I'm happily using the K70 I've yet to receive the key caps and had it not been for the original agreement I likely wouldn't have RMA'd the K95.

Now many years ago I did have a damaging leak from an AIO. I had pre-ordered the Coolermaster Eisberg back when they announced they were teaming up with AlphaCool. Within a year or so it sprouted a nice leak around the copper plate and shut my PC down. I was dreading trying to fight with Cooler Master over this issue because at the time they didn't have the greatest reputation for customer service. However that situation could not have gone more smoothly. The immediately agreed to replace the cooler and actually told me they were sending a different model as the Eisberg was discontinued. They also sent me a prepaid label for a UPS store that covered shipping as well as the store securely packing my entire PC. They went through it, cleaned it up and returned it in perfect working condition.

Now I don't really have a concern with their quality. I'm confident enough that I put Corsair back into my system and am debating between Corsair and EVGA CLCs for my new system, but the only reason for the debate is aesthetics. However due to how terrible my interaction with Corsair's customer service has been this year I do have concerns if I was ever in another "Cooler Master" situation that Corsair wouldn't make it right so I do sympathize a bit with the OP's interaction with them. However he screwed himself by taking it apart.

Archived