Corsair Community

HD120 fans dont come with adapter to connect to the node?

NKB

I had recently purchased 3 pack HD120s and then purchased 3 pack LL120's with the node thinking I can connect the HD120s to the other port on the node.

I've since realised when setting them up that the HD120's dont come with a corsair proprietary RGB cable. Is it possible to get one? am I missing something here?

You aren't missing something. When I contacted Corsair support I was told I could try purchasing the Corsair Link Accessory Cable Kit but they couldn't guarantee it came with the cable I needed. It doesn't as it looks like that kit comes with the OLD proprietary link cable for the Commander Mini, not the Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro.

i see... strange that its not readily available... how do people connect their existing rgb fans? you have to purchase the commander pro or node pro with LEDs? i only want to control 2 sets of RGB fans...

i found moddiy.com has some consair cables that look right. Will give them a try i guess

yeah, i originally had 6 x hd120s and i added the ll120 pack thinking it came with the cable that connects the rgb fan hub to the node, it only comes with one to connect the ll120.

i found this post here with someone else who has some issue... it appears corsairs solution is for us to buy the node pro pack with led strips... thing is i dont want the strips or another node, i just want the cable.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173666

Archived