Corsair Community

Gear keeps disconnecting from iCUE and more

Swisco

Hi! So I recently contacted Corsair due to my problems with the iCUE and some other stuff. But they just told me to reinstall the software which obviously didn't help. So I decided to post the Email I sent them here, in case any of you would be to more help. Sorry if 'ts a lot of rambling, I was really tilted when I wrote this due to me losing lots of competitive games because of the problems I've been encountering.

Hello!

I've been a consumer of your products for around 5 years now. Right now, I'm using a Virtuoso headset, an Ironclaw Wireless mouse, a Strafe RGB keyboard, and an st100 headset stand. Sadly, I've had my share of problems with these products.

First of all, I've had my Ironclaw Wireless mouse switched out two times in the span of one year. The first problem occurred a few months after my first purchase. I got up one morning, started my computer and used the mouse for about three seconds before the scroll wheel broke completely. It was completely useless. I'm not sure what happened, but the scrolling wheel seems to have detached in some way. The second Ironclaw mouse I got worked fine for about a week. Then every click became a double click. E.g. when I tried to mark a folder on my desktop, it instead opened it. I quickly gave it back to my reseller and got a new one. This one had the same problem, but the non-intentional double click occurred very rarely. So, I learned to live with it. But it doesn’t end there. The DPI down button the first mouse I got was flawed. Somehow you could make it click again after the first click by just pressing it down slightly more. This made it uncomfortable to use it was easy to trigger the “second click”. The mouse I’m currently using has the same problem. Also, the option button on my second Ironclaw was also flawed right out of the box. It only worked if you pressed it from a certain angle. But after about two days, it didn’t work at all. The option button on the mouse I’m currently using works fine. But I’ve had some problems with it like those I had with my second Ironclaw.

Moving onto my headset. Every now and then it acts weird. Sometimes when I turn it on the sound is heavily distorted, or only coming from one speaker and I must turn it on and off a couple of times before it goes back to normal. The audio is also cutting while playing game. Not in the sense that it disappears completely. But the audio changes, like if I were changing EQ presets.

Now to my biggest concern. The iCUE. If I were to make a list of all the problems, I've had with it your software, it'd probably take a few hours to read. So, I'll try to make it quick.

The software sometimes suddenly stops working and all my devices disconnect from the iCUE. Which makes all my settings disappear for the time being. To solve this, I must go into the activity manager and turn it off completely. Then I must start the software again manually and wait for my gear to fully connect to the profiles I've made for them. This can take up to five minutes which heavily disrupts my gaming sessions.

Sometimes my macros don’t work at all. The software and RGB settings work fine. But the macros don’t work. At all. The only solution I've found to this problem is to turn my pc on and off. I'll let you decide if that's something that should be okay.

The settings I've made for my mouse on the iCUE stops working for about three seconds. This is absolutely devastating as I'm using customized macros and DPI.

Recently I was in a competitive game when all my Corsair gear suddenly disconnects from the iCUE. They reconnect and then disconnect again and again until I restarted my pc. Once again, I'll let you be the judge if that's acceptable or not.

End of a relatively short list compared to all the problems I’ve had.

Now I really don't want to change brand as I've grown attached to your products. But if these problems don't get fixed, I might have no other choice as I just get more and more annoyed for every day that goes. The fact that I had to get three different mice just to find one that is decent enough to use is, at least in my opinion, unacceptable.

Thank you.