Corsair Community

Asus B450 prime plus + corsair h60

nicoljb

I tried seeing if others already answered my problem but it does not seem so. new Win 10 install. Corsair link sees everything but my cooler !!! Looked to see if usb driver for a device named corsair needed to be enabled as someone suggested - no such device is there. Sees memory/board/cpu temps (ridiculously high compared to every other software I use to monitor). Uninstalled/reinstalled = same result. I have pump connected to sata pwr/cable pump tach cable (3 pin???) connected to 4 pin cpu header (confusing at best) and fan connected to chassis fan 4 pin. I am concerned the H60 does not even register with corsairs own software! Is it just mediocre software or can i do something else to get it to see what it?

PS: in the Asus bios the AIO setting is not enabled does that indicate anything ?

Thx Jay

The H60 is not a Link/iCUE software capable device. Coolers with software controls are labeled with an "i" after the number. In the BIOS set the header powering the pump to Full Speed or "Disabled", depending on the BIOS mode you are using. Both are the same thing. The fan(s) will run from other motherboard headers and can be set to your needs.

You do not have to use the AIO header, although it is set to "Full Speed/disabled" by default. However, be aware something has to be on CPU FAN to boot up. It is possible to disable that safety feature, but it is also just as easy to put the cooler there and utilize it.

The H60 is not a Link/iCUE software capable device. Coolers with software controls are labeled with an "i" after the number. In the BIOS set the header powering the pump to Full Speed or "Disabled", depending on the BIOS mode you are using. Both are the same thing. The fan(s) will run from other motherboard headers and can be set to your needs.

You do not have to use the AIO header, although it is set to "Full Speed/disabled" by default. However, be aware something has to be on CPU FAN to boot up. It is possible to disable that safety feature, but it is also just as easy to put the cooler there and utilize it.

Thank you for responding and the info. In my bios the header powering the H60 pump is the "cpu_fan" header and is set to max at all times since I assumed the pump should always run at full power based on my H50 past experience. I am still a little dazed and confused by "full speed/disabled" are the same thing and will ruminate and cogitate on that overnight. Does not sound like plugging a chassis fan into cpu_fan header (so it will boot) and using the 3 pin female pump connector in the 4 pin AIO gains me anything. i thought I might use it and let ASUS AIO run the show but now not leaning that way as it seems there is no inherent advantage to that from your post.

Thanks again.

The only advantage of setting CPU Fan to "Full Speed" (Q-Fan) or Disabled in the advanced BIOS is it prevents other BIOS power savings or tuning features from overriding a manually set 100% fan curve for the pump. This is not likely to be a common event, but it can happen and I would not recommend it for those who do not monitor their fans/temps.

Yeah, I am afraid the AIO, W_Pump header stuff is a bit of a gimmick. Those should have been another CHA fan header, but instead get turned into that. On some recent boards, they have allowed to turn the 100% fan speed off and it turns back into a chassis header, but most Z170-370 and less expensive boards will only give CPU temp fan control if you unlock the header. That is also the issue with CPU Fan and OPT. It says there are fan delays of 2-8 seconds, but often these are ignored. I would use the headers most convenient based on location and if things are not running as smoothly as desired, you can try something different.