Corsair Community

Which Corsair Keyboard is the Newest?

Real_Nitro

I would suspect the Corsair K95 is the newest keyboard because the number is bigger. On YouTube I searched "corsair k95 unboxing" and "corsair k70 unboxing" and it seemed that the average date the videos were uploaded were 1 year ago for the corsair k70. When I searched it up for the corsair k95 they appeared to be 2 years ago. Please tell me which one is the newest.

Also, I would like to get a non-lux MX Blue switch on either the k95 or k70 keyboards. Is that possible? (RGB)

One last thing, should I get Razer or Corsair keyboards? I am new to both razer and corsair.

I would suspect the Corsair K95 is the newest keyboard because the number is bigger. On YouTube I searched "corsair k95 unboxing" and "corsair k70 unboxing" and it seemed that the average date the videos were uploaded were 1 year ago for the corsair k70. When I searched it up for the corsair k95 they appeared to be 2 years ago. Please tell me which one is the newest.

Also, I would like to get a non-lux MX Blue switch on either the k95 or k70 keyboards. Is that possible?

One last thing, should I get Razer or Corsair keyboards? I am new to both razer and corsair.

The newest keyboars from corsair are the K70 Rapidfire, and the K70 LUX keyboards. You can purchase a non LUX cherry mx blue K70 from here:

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B00IVEGSIA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463275575&sr=8-1&keywords=k70+cherry+mx+blue

don't decide on a keyboard because it's newer than another model. The K70 and K95 are different keyboards, and the one you want will depend on how you plan to use your keyboard.

Do you want to use a lot of macros? (will you enjoy building your own?)

How much space do you want your keyboard to take up?

Do you want to use smooth animations, or just apply static lighting?

The Non-LUX and non-RapidFire K70, K65, and K95 have an old lighting controller that makes animations not very smooth unless they are moving quickly. If you are buying an RGB keyboard to play around with animations and want the best experience, I would recommend buying a LUX or RapidFire series keyboard. If you are just going to apply a static lighting scheme and not bother animating the keyboard, then a non-LUX variant would treat you just fine.

Corsair vs Razer - I like Corsair. I also refuse to touch the Razer boards. My opinion is that the Corsair boards look and feel better than the razer boards. As Technobeard pointed out though, this is a Corsair forum and almost everyone here would recommend Corsair over Razer.

Archived