Corsair Community

Hydro X XD5 RGB Pump not showing in iCue

Kettu

Hi everyone,

so I just rebuild my water-cooled loop , everthing seems to work fine, but XD5 pump doesn't show up anymore in CP ,I see the profile for hydro x pump in performance tab. ( had the custom loop setup for 3 months now had never issue with the pump )

things that I tried to do :

*changed the cable from 6th to other location ( everytime the new space #4 #5 all of them disappear if pump is pluged in those ports )

*in iCue changed changed fan port on CP from auto to 4pin ( turns the pump off ) when changing to 3pin ( pump goes full speed )

another instresting thing is when changing fan port from auto to 4 or 3 pin setting the pump shows up and indicates 0 rpm . when change to auto disappears again .

*as well tried to reinstall ,clean install , go back to older verision of icue from3.20 to 3.18

so I am trying to figure out here . if the pump power cable has issue ,is it the commander pro , or is it just software or firmware bug

Pick a header and set the Commander Pro to 4 pin for the whichever has the pump (this is required). Then see if you can get some pump speed by using a custom curve with a fixed %, not fixed RPM or the RPM based curve points.

okay I tried what you said it worked , I can adjust the pump speed using %

guess new iCue 3.20 broke something probably ,guess I have to find a good value for pump rpm . thanks

I don't think it is iCUE related. Several people have had this issue with the XD5. I am not sure if it is the tachometer wire or the sensor back at the pump, but once you loose the RPM reading, the curves won't work. Contact Corsair support through the Ticket System in the header above. You can keep the system running like this and I was in this same position just a few days in. However, you won't have any curve control going forward. Fixed speed with manual control only.

I don't know if your system is a single or double component, but most people will find a happy balance between 2000-3000 rpm for a static speed. I toggled between those two end points for desktop vs load work.