Corsair Community

CUE - not great without a repository?

Garnett

When I got my Strafe keyboard I mistakenly envisaged being able to browse a repository of possible profiles to download and use instantly - I didn';t think I'd need to create each new profile from Scratch.

I also thought they'd be easier to bind to certain instances - ie games.

When I play Homefront (through Steam), somehow the game and the keyboard communicate, and the keyboard lights up in appropriate colours and action keys are colour -coded throughout, which is excellent, and ideally, how it would be all the time.

I've created a few profiles for a few different games, and haven't yet been able to bind them to the games so that the keyboard switches automatically when I start playing.

It'd be great if there was a repository where I could download profiles other users had created for the games I own.

It'd also be great if there was a simpler and more reliable means of having the keyboard automatically switch between profiles as appropriate.

Are either of these things possible, or intended at a later stage?

• Corsair Employee

That repository already exists:

https://gaming.corsair.com/uk/en/rgbshare/hall-of-fame

Also, some games support our CUE SDK and will automatically send custom lighting to our peripherals.

For games that don't support that functionality, you can bind a profile to the .exe file for the game in the profile settings in CUE.

That repository already exists:

https://gaming.corsair.com/uk/en/rgbshare/hall-of-fame

Also, some games support our CUE SDK and will automatically send custom lighting to our peripherals.

For games that don't support that functionality, you can bind a profile to the .exe file for the game in the profile settings in CUE.

Hi there.

Thanks for the reply.

I followed the link and typed some of my games into the search. Then I tried some of the top recent games I could think of. None returned any results.

I tried filtering by "Strafe" and that returned no results.

Most things I tried returned no results.

I tried downloading some of the "staff choices" and my login wasn't recognised. When I tried resetting my password your email went to spam - I haven't had an email go to my spam folder in years!

After a few attempts resetting my password and login I tried downloading any profile I could find.

Each time I select the "download" button, I go to a screen that shows a red timer wheel, and "loading" and then I get redirected to your company homepage without anything being downloaded.

All in all, it's not proving to be that thrilling a user experience.

• Corsair Employee
Hi there.

Thanks for the reply.

I followed the link and typed some of my games into the search. Then I tried some of the top recent games I could think of. None returned any results.

I tried filtering by "Strafe" and that returned no results.

Most things I tried returned no results.

I tried downloading some of the "staff choices" and my login wasn't recognised. When I tried resetting my password your email went to spam - I haven't had an email go to my spam folder in years!

After a few attempts resetting my password and login I tried downloading any profile I could find.

Each time I select the "download" button, I go to a screen that shows a red timer wheel, and "loading" and then I get redirected to your company homepage without anything being downloaded.

All in all, it's not proving to be that thrilling a user experience.

We recently migrated to a new website and are ironing out some of the wrinkles that have cropped up. I'll check in with the team to see what's going on with the RGB Share page.

In the mean time, here's a place you can go to download profiles: http://lewisgerschwitz.com/corsair.html

Schwitz does some pretty amazing work with our keyboards and I've used plenty of his profiles in the past.

Unfortunately, you have to do the binding yourself since each pathway is unique for each individual computer/OS. You need to hunt around in each games file folders to find where the .exe is hiding and some are far from intuitive. If you figured out the Steam game, then most others are easier. Steam has a couple of odd steps (drive letter: Steam/Steam apps/Common/(game folders), then you have to find the exe hiding in those for each you wish to bind.

Archived