Corsair Community

Cmt32gx4m43200c16

has any one managed to oc ver4.32 as my current ram dosent want to play xmp wont work? so running at default speed 1033 with no errors? any help this is supposed to be a brand new pack of ram replaced as my rog kit failed :! tried a set of G.Skilll in it and worked fine so i now its not motherboard

ive managed to get it to run at 3000mhz but it requires 1.5v can anyone help

Edited by cwitty

my replacement kit has got a problem xmp wont work pc consonantly crashing but i can manually input timings and it works fine same settings as xmp ? any one got any advice ive been using corsair ram for longer than i can remember never had trouble like this before found they are totally stable at 3800mhz but cant run at xmp 3200mhz . wondering if corsair have cut corners on newer products as the build quality seems poor heat spreaders lose etc. This product is starting to remind me of the very cheap poor quality ram. Tried a set of trident z which worked fine no problems so i believe motherboard is fine. any advice would be great full

If the XMP is not working but manual settings do, it is usually a motherboard/UEFI issue. Some BIOS versions are known to forget adjusting Vdimm for example and in other cases enabling the XMP changes other voltages to levels that might be unsuitable (too low/high) for the processor in use.

It happens quite a bit with AMD motherboards, but very rarely on Intel platforms until they reach their supported maximum memory frequency range. It is reminder that Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP) are a standard designed for Intel platforms, which the AMD motherboards only support via workarounds from the motherboard manufacturers (DOCP, A-XMP etc).

problem the memory wont even work manually clocked anymore not even at the j tec settings all i get now is a black screen or the blue screen of death 2 faulty sticks in a quad pack. ive got to say it compared to the original rog ram these are seriously poor hopefully corsair will change them but im getting a bad vibe from them now.

does any one now corsair policy when a product damages another as this ram damaged anothe motherboard when identifying the problem its damaged the bios on a evga dark x299

beeen a customer with corsaiar for at least 10 years if they dont wanr to now i dont think ill buy anything from them again