Corsair Community

Lighting Node Pro profile without iCue open

PhotonWolfsky

Over the past couple posts I've made, I've slowly gained information I've wanted for a setup I've been trying to make for myself.

As it stands, I've managed to have macros separated per keyboard (using Autohotkey to override regular function) and I've managed to save different lighting profiles to each keyboard (one lighting profile for my typing board and a different one for my macro board).

However, now I have an issue. Since I have to close iCue to let the profiles read from hardware (otherwise both boards inherit the same profile because iCue for some reason can't apply profiles separately through software)... closing iCue leaves my Lighting Node set on the default rainbow effect. In iCue, I don't see an option for saving profiles to the device like the keyboards offer.

Is there any way to get simple lighting onto the Lighting Node without iCue being open? This also serves as future information since I am getting a set of Vengeance Pro RBG soon and don't want my memory sticks to be vegetating due to profile issues.

Yeah, no dice on Link working. It just tells me that the Node is controlled by iCue and I don't see any way of removing the Node from iCue's control.

If the memory RGB can have lighting profiles saved, then I don't need to worry about that, but it just seems like the Lighting Node is the only issue when it comes to iCue...

If you have them both installed, iCUE is in control. Link is still necessary for a few legacy devices and that program physically lies in a different location. iCUE sits in the same place CUE 2 would be, so that is a direct replacement. You would need to remove iCUE to have lighting playback.

The saved "playback lighting" is there underneath, but iCUE overwrites it with rainbows. Every one in a while my saved white will shine through on a BIOS change when the devices are cut off for a moment. Starting with iCUE 3.5, the Pro pumps will show their real saved lighting on cold boot, but restarts and quitting iCUE still bring rainbows. Unfortunately, your RAM is the only thing that can do this with iCUE. Everything else is going to be rainbows from keyboards to fans to strips.

Archived