Corsair Community

K63 Wireless white LEDs too bright

pmod

Hi Corsair,

I've just purchased a K63 wireless and have encountered a problem. Your software allows the blue key LEDs to be dimmed or disabled, however it has no effect on the Power, Caps Lock, etc white LEDs. Sadly, those LEDs are not only brutally bright, but being white, they're constantly in one's peripheral vision.

My workaround within 5 minutes of using the keyboard has been to cover them with tape and colour-in the LEDs with a marker pen, but this is far from ideal. Before you ask, I am quite capable of opening the keyboard, soldering in resistors and replacing LEDs, however I would rather not void my warranty just yet. Another option is to just paint over them, or colour them in directly with a red marker pen, but that's not ideal.

My first request:

Can you incorporate into the Corsair Gaming software the ability to dim the 4 white LEDs? I don't know whether the keyboard's PCB allows this, as those LEDs might simply run off direct battery power, but it seems strange to me for it to be designed that way.

My second request:

Please confirm whether the LEDs used by the keys are tri-colour LEDs or plain blue LEDs, and should they be tri-colour, are there any plans to allow users to set something other than blue, even if that's some sort of paid-for software unlock. I wanted a good wireless non-10-key keyboard, and bought this in spite of the blue lights, which I absolutely despise. Being able to change the colour to something that's easy to read, for instance orange, would be fantastic.

Archived