Corsair Community

CUE Not Detecting Keyboard

kingkolton9

I just received my keyboard today and have been having my share of problems. First off, my system specs:

GPU : AMD Radeon HD 8570D

CPU : AMD A8-6500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics

Memory : 8.00 GB RAM (7.19 GB usable)

Current resolution : 1600 × 900, 60 Hz

Operating system : Microsoft Windows 8.1

I have a Vengeance k70 RGB keyboard. Model CH-9000063-NA

At first, when I plugged ion the keyboard, I got a an error in device manager about the keyboard not being recognized. Thankfully, I am no longer getting that error. I assume I plugged in the cables backwards.

Now, however, the latest version of CUE refuses to open. The task just outright kills its self after ~2 seconds of uptime. The CUE icon will remain in the taskbar until I hover over it, however.

I think it should be noted that I've disabled all software loading at boot, including CUE.

To fix this problem, in no particular order, I:

Uninstalled and re-downloaded CUE.

Tried to repair the installation.

Re-installed the software and performed a warm boot

Re-installed the software and performed a cold boot

Deleting the %APPDATA% folder for corsair and reinstalling

I've noticed that CUE tends to leave Windows installer processes open and sometimes freezes up on "Creating shortcuts."

Then, I tried downloading an older version of the RGB software. It was version 1.2.77. This version at least starts, but after ~10 seconds it switches over to a screen with a keyboard on it and then the process is killed.

To fix this problem I've tried:

Using USB 3.0 instead of 2, making sure to plug in the side with the keyboard icon on it.

Using different ports.

Unplugging my mouse.

Using *both* sides of the cable in USB 3.0 ports

Using 1 side in 2.0 (The side with 2 arrows) and the other in 3.0

Vice versa

Reinstalling CUE

A few warm boots

A few cold boots

Repairing the CUE installation

Using every setting on the DIM switch on the back (Including BIOS mode)

Deleting the %APPDATA% folder for Corsair and reinstalling

Again, nothing. If I unplug the keyboard, CUE stays open and requests that I plug in a keyboard. If I plug in the keyboard either of the proper ways, it stays open for ~10 seconds and then switches over to a tab with a keyboard on it, and then the process dies.

I have no idea what to do to get this keyboard to work. I love the feel, and typing is fine. The backlight works, and I can cycle through it (Unless I open CUE).

Could anyone help me? Attached is the tmp.log log file.

temp.txt

Have you tried updating the BIOS and chipset drivers to the latest?

Is the keyboard driver installed correctly?

Thank you for replying and trying to help. My BIOS is up to date, and my chipset drivers seem to be as well.

To assure that the keyboard got installed properly, I deleted all entries related to the k70 in device manager, uninstalled the CUE, "uninstalled" the keyboard, unplugged the keyboard, performed a system restore to before I got the keyboard, and then re-plugged it in. CUE still does not want to work.

Thank you for replying and trying to help. My BIOS is up to date, and my chipset drivers seem to be as well.

To assure that the keyboard got installed properly, I deleted all entries related to the k70 in device manager, uninstalled the CUE, "uninstalled" the keyboard, unplugged the keyboard, performed a system restore to before I got the keyboard, and then re-plugged it in. CUE still does not want to work.

Does your system have any USB 3.0 ports?

Using USB 3.0 instead of 2, making sure to plug in the side with the keyboard icon on it.

Using different ports.

Unplugging my mouse.

Using *both* sides of the cable in USB 3.0 ports

Using 1 side in 2.0 (The side with 2 arrows) and the other in 3.0

Vice versa

Does your system have any USB 3.0 ports?

Yes. I have tried all available ports. Front, back, 2.0 and 3.0.

Bump-a-ditty-de-dump

Edit: I have been talking to Corsair's help service the last few days. They haven't been too helpful.

I tried it in a crappy netbook I own that it worked flawlessly. So, it would be nice to see if my motherboard is incompatible somehow, despite me getting it to work *once* for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes I started Steam, and now all the problems remain.

Edit 2: I'm starting to think this is a problem on Corsair's end...

I started the computer up in diagnostic mode. CUE FINALLY gave me an error when I attempted to repair the installation. And update to 3.7 did the same: http://i.imgur.com/HTGjTrZ.png Following that both times was a blank error (http://i.imgur.com/kL3CHJx.png). Interestingly, on both occasions the errors happened at "Installing drivers (2/2)" towards the end.

Cue also does not work in safe mode. After I was done, I made sure I had NO startup items, booted into normal windows, and unplugged my keyboard. I plugged in an alternate keyboard, and started up CUE. It's sitting here right now and hasn't even given me a "Connect a device" error.

Could someone like Corsair James confirm that my motherboard is incompatible? Hell, I'd accept any help at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you tried turning off SmartScreen? Does it help?

It's probably more a Windows issues than a motherboard incompatibility issue.

Sorry for the late reply. For those wondering or having the same problem in the future, the Windows Installer Service was corrupted. You may be able to get an error message during a safe mode or diagnostic startup install. To fix the issue:

Open an elevated command prompt

type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes

Wait

If it turns out that the "backup" files are corrupted themselves, then you can fix that. You'll probably get an error like "SFC found errors but could not repair them all.

To fix that, open up an elevated command prompt

Type "Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" without the quotes

Wait

Reinstall CUE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Sorry for the late reply. For those wondering or having the same problem in the future, the Windows Installer Service was corrupted. You may be able to get an error message during a safe mode or diagnostic startup install. To fix the issue:

Open an elevated command prompt

type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes

Wait

If it turns out that the "backup" files are corrupted themselves, then you can fix that. You'll probably get an error like "SFC found errors but could not repair them all.

To fix that, open up an elevated command prompt

Type "Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" without the quotes

Wait

Reinstall CUE

I'm having the same problem in that CUE says no device is detected. Your solution did not work for me.

In CUE, Device is greyed out and if I click it I get the message "No Device detected. Please connect a device" which makes no sense because except for this error, the keyboard works fine HOWEVER I need CUE to detect the keyboard so I can customize the lighting.

• 3 months later...

In my device manager it looks like this

"http://piclair.com/sg8t0 " ,

Corsair Virtual Input Device should not be there, i try to select "update drivers" and then "select drivers on computer" but i do not know what to select, and i do not want to select on the wrong thing.

Anyone with the knowlege of this that can help me?

Archived