Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Case Modder
Gardnertechstuf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 635807
Gardnertechstuf Reputation: 10
Default H60 pump bust?

My 4 month old H60 gave in last night whilst I was rendering a video, all of a sudden the temps jumped to 90 degrees and this really loud ticking noise started, at first I thought it must be a cable catching in a fan but after checking each fan I worked out it was coming from the water block, if I put my ear next to it the noise gets much louder. It was suggested that I try tapping it and placing the rad above the pump to let any air out but the noise remains. This morning I started it up again hoping the noise might have gone but it hadn't. I tried rendering the same video again and only hit 60 degrees which is what I was getting before. however the noise is still there and very loud (I can hear it over my 7 case fans even with the side panel on)

What should I do? If I send it away for RMA then I will be without my computer for a week which isn't ideal as I will be at school?

Old 02-23-2013, 09:29 AM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 635809
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

you can call corsair and request a advanced rma and they will send you a replacement first.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Support Assistant
peanutz94's PC Specs

POST ID # = 635834
peanutz94 Reputation: 84

Quote:
What should I do? If I send it away for RMA then I will be without my computer for a week which isn't ideal as I will be at school?
Call CS on Monday and request an advanced RMA. That would be the fastest way to get this taken care of. I bet you could have a new unit by the end of the week and you wouldn't have to send the faulty one back until you receive your new one.

Normal RMA's take between 7-10 business days and possible a few days longer. So it would be more like two weeks plus for a normal RMA.

Tags
broken, h60, noise, pump