Corsair Community

h100i Pump operates at 2360RPM

Xeeh

Nothing, if it's a little bit faster it's not going to hurt anything. As long as it is doing it's job..set it and forget it!

It's more than likely causing this clicking sound in it, not to mention it whines like no other at times. From what I read the H100 model had issues with the AX850 PSU which ironically is made by Corsair also.

So apparently it's not doing its job because it seems its being pumped with more than 12.3 causing it to go faster than it should

From what I read the H100 model had issues with the AX850 PSU which ironically is made by Corsair also.

Can you please post a link to where you saw that. The voltage issue only affected the original H100's and not the I series.

“Corsair has now tracked down and fixed a rare and hard to reproduce issue on some of our Hydro series coolers, specifically the H60, H80, and H100 when used in combination with certain power supplies in certain circumstances. The failure will present itself as a buzz or hum, similar to a hard drive seek noise, and may disappear and reappear at random times. This issue affects a very small number of units, and typically is more prevalent on power supplies that provide higher than +12.2V on the +12V rail, which explains why some users have experienced multiple units with the same issue – they’re plugging them into the same power supply.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=107252

When the clicking noise stops, the rpm of the pump is lower so would does that mean? My voltage apparently regulates the speed of the pump. I can alter it by consuming extra amps on that rail with extra things but that's not the question. Is there a way to turn the pump down via software.

No, that was for the ORIGINAL h100's and not the i series and does not say anything about Corsair PSU's. Just "certain PSU's under certain circumstances" .

Whats going on with the I series units is going to be something completely different. They are not going to let the same thing happen twice. .

No, that was for the ORIGINAL h100's and not the i series and does not say anything about Corsair PSU's. Just "certain PSU's under certain circumstances" .

Whats going on with the I series units is going to be something completely different. They are not going to let the same thing happen twice. .

I'm aware of that, hence why I said H100 and not H100i, but they could be related since apparently Corsair can't release these coolers without issues so maybe they don't learn from their mistakes.

So from my observation RPMs of over 2300 = loud clinky pump, RPMs under 2300 = Quiet pump

as I asked, what do I do regarding the high RPMs of the pump. I should have made the question clearer instead of spending extra time with this, but what do I need to do in order to lower the pump speed, aka. How do I slow this thing down.

Yeah I have the fans connected a fan controller since the link software does not work well with Windows 8, at least my Windows 8. I dunno, this thing sounds like a hard drive more than a pump lol.. It's annoying.

You know Xeeh . I a glad you brought up the stament about the power supplies. This goes to show that Corsair does not care about their customers. They are supposed to be a high end pc component supply company. They have turn this into a business where they do not care. How is it possible the incompatibility with windows 8. Or the fan issue , or pump noise , or the fans not turning up when the temps go up, or the noisy fans rattling, or H100 I software issues or the few people in these forums that claim they do not work here but hey are constantly kissing up t corsair. I am sorry these units for the most part are defective and corsair needs to do something about it. You decently nailed it and I applaud you. Thanks again

if your so disgruntled with everything here why do you waste your time here.be a nice boy and go play elsewhere.

you never have anything positive to say and only the same drivel every day

grow up

i think a mod needs to pause your posts before allowing them to be aired as your only going to continue

just because our products work for us,then were accused of working for them,geezus

if your so disgruntled with everything here why do you waste your time here.be a nice boy and go play elsewhere.

you never have anything positive to say and only the same drivel every day

grow up

i think a mod needs to pause your posts before allowing them to be aired as your only going to continue

just because our products work for us,then were accused of working for them,geezus

Listen. Let me give you some advice like I told you before I am not going away just because you say so. I am stating the facts and you do not know what you are talking about all you care is about your interest in defending Corsair and its faulty units. You do seem to work for them or you are a real excuse for a person kissing up to a corporation with little regard to its clients .

Yeah I have the fans connected a fan controller since the link software does not work well with Windows 8, at least my Windows 8. I dunno, this thing sounds like a hard drive more than a pump lol.. It's annoying.

try to hold off as corsair is working on the software to fis some of these bugs.its a much complicated process than some want to believe and i think corsair wants to fully test it before releasing it.

• 4 weeks later...
try to hold off as corsair is working on the software to fis some of these bugs.its a much complicated process than some want to believe and i think corsair wants to fully test it before releasing it.

a software upgrade is very unlikely to solve this issue.

I changed my power supply and I now have 12.192V on the sata connectors, which makes the pump go to 2350rpm and is making high pitch noises, which is irritating.

since the +12V tolerance is +- 5% and -12V +-10%, it's totally normal to have more or less 12V, and if the pump is directly linked to that voltage, it's indeed gonna run faster depending on power supplies.

a software upgrade is very unlikely to solve this issue.

I changed my power supply and I now have 12.192V on the sata connectors, which makes the pump go to 2350rpm and is making high pitch noises, which is irritating.

since the +12V tolerance is +- 5% and -12V +-10%, it's totally normal to have more or less 12V, and if the pump is directly linked to that voltage, it's indeed gonna run faster depending on power supplies.

the software and/or new fans are slated to fix the problems users are experiencing .

i done see less than .2/10th's of a volt variance causing this issue

the software and/or new fans are slated to fix the problems users are experiencing .

i done see less than .2/10th's of a volt variance causing this issue

Fans noise is 1 problem. Pump is another.

We are talking about the pump here, not the fans.

going from 2200 RPM to 2300 is like saying they run at 104.5%. it's not much either. But if it is directly linked to the voltage, then it's gonna be very very hard if not impossible to change this with a firmware upgrade depending on how the pump is internally powered.

I have isolated the sound from the pump.

apart from a grinding with lower frequencies, the problem is the high pitch one.

it's a sound between 600Hz and 650Hz, that is very easy to distinguish between the rest.

http://www.audiocheck.net/audiofrequencysignalgenerator_sinetone.php

you can use this to simulate a sound near 600Hz and see how really irritating it is, even at low dBs, with the square function.

My pump on my new H100i is currently running at 2370 +/-. My old H50 pump ran at 1450. System has a Corsair HX750 ps.

The pump noise is the only real complaint I have about the H100i. Everything else appears to be running ok for the 1 day I have it up and running. The noise is not a clicking but the noise you would expect from higher rpm. I have checked the fans and they are not the source of the hum. Not a deal killer but sure would be nice it was toned down a notch.

• 1 year later...

Hi ramguy....googled alot and came across this post.

I have just bought a h100i and dose a great job, apart from the pump making a high humming noise.

This happens with or without fans plugged into the fan controller..at the moment my noctua fans are plugged directly to the motherboard,so no matter what i try...the buzzing still remains.

Disapointed as people have been posting similar posts for a long time, and i only bought my h100i.....3 weeks ago......so the problem still exsists today.....

So only way to get it fixed is a rma?

Thanks buddy

ps tried everything..tapping.lying on side etc set

Archived