Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2019, 06:26 PM
heltk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021756
heltk Reputation: 10
Default H115i Pro and cricket noise?

Hi
I replaced my old corsair AIO with the ´H115i Pro´ back in 2018 (Black Friday) and now im noticing cricket like noises when running in Quit mode. And it is getting quite annoying sadly. But is this normal?

I think the sound is coming from where im recording with my phone.
https://streamable.com/pcq7f

Thank you

edit: sorry for bad audio/video quality I dont have the best phone for recording

Last edited by heltk; 10-19-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Old 10-19-2019, 10:53 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021792
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Well, that's a little different. It is likely air bubbles, but they usually are not so... purrfectly smooth like that. More often like crackles, pops, or static.

Assuming the hose inlet/outlets are on the RAM side, you want to tilt the case so those hoses are above the CPU block. That hopefully lets the bubbles out of the block and pump zone. You probably need to both tilt the case backwards and lift the front. If you have a massive case or it is impractical for whatever reason, you may need to take the cooler out. Same thing. Let the bubbles naturally float up and away from the block.

Old 10-20-2019, 08:52 AM
heltk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021827
heltk Reputation: 10

Hi. I had to take the cooler out but I was able to do the above. Unfortunately I still get the same noise. This only happens when on quit mode.

Found this thread. This person was able to capture the noise better than me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=p1ux0c1lZMk

Only problem is my h115i pro is almost 1 year old. Should i expect this kind of behavior after 1 year? its impossible to run on quit mode without it sounding like i have crickets in my room

Old 10-20-2019, 09:38 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021831
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

No, air bubbles happen regardless of cooler and it is not related to age. Usually its on first install or after a cleaning when you've been moving things around. If it really is in Quiet mode only, you can also try shifting back and forth between Quiet to Extreme and back to Quiet at 10-15 second intervals. The idea is to create a pressure change to push the bubbles out. Also, be aware you are taking a temperature penalty for using Quiet mode with sustained load. Most people tend to leave it on balanced.

However, the noise is a bit different. You can contact Corsair Tech Support through the Ticket System above and see what they say. If you mainly use it for quiet desktop work, this could be more problematic.

Tags
h1150ipro, noise issue