The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2018, 10:54 AM
zagor69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934041
zagor69 Reputation: 10
Angry New hub without connecting cable

Hello, I just bought an extra hub due to my 8 rgb Corsair fan, I bought everything from Corsair Europe and what is funny is that the hub comes alone, without anything letting you to connect it to the Node Pro
Absolutely unbelievable

Anyone knows where I can find and buy that cable?

http://andreatheone.altervista.org/cable.jpg

Tks in advance

Last edited by Technobeard; 01-07-2018 at 04:26 AM. Reason: changed to link

Old 01-06-2018, 09:09 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934141
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

The cable comes with the Lighting Node PRO and is mentioned in the quick start guide for that product.

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/corsa...tall_guide.pdf

Relevant installation instructions are on page 5
"4. OPTIONAL: Plug the HD RGB LED cable into an available LED header to connect an HD RGB LED hub (sold separately)."

Last edited by Corsair CJ; 01-06-2018 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Format

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:35 AM
zagor69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
The cable comes with the Lighting Node PRO and is mentioned in the quick start guide for that product.

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/corsa...tall_guide.pdf

Relevant installation instructions are on page 5
"4. OPTIONAL: Plug the HD RGB LED cable into an available LED header to connect an HD RGB LED hub (sold separately)."
In that instructions I already read, the OPTIONAL is the HUB, not the cable
Have you any suggestions where to find it to buy?
Also in Corsair shop seems to be a ghost and I don't think to have an hub working I must buy another Node Pro just to get the cable...

Anyway that's unbelievable! Is like to buy a car and the duct connecting the fuel tank to the engine is not included.... Which human guy can had studied to reach this target?????

Tks

Last edited by zagor69; 01-07-2018 at 02:40 AM.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:41 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934172
DevBiker Reputation: 88

I think I understand the problem.
You have a Lighting Node Pro. It came with ONE cable to connect the LNP to a Fan Hub Controller.
You purchased, standalone, a second RGB Fan Hub because you have more than 6 fans and, therefore, needed the second hub.
However, you do not have a cable for this second hub. Correct?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:27 AM
zagor69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934175

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
I think I understand the problem.
You have a Lighting Node Pro. It came with ONE cable to connect the LNP to a Fan Hub Controller.
You purchased, standalone, a second RGB Fan Hub because you have more than 6 fans and, therefore, needed the second hub.
However, you do not have a cable for this second hub. Correct?
Correct mate, and this kit is what I find but no one of those cables are correct

I'm completely upset, for a 30 cents of cable I have to spend at least 10 euro for shipping, always if I found it anywhere in this world...

More funny if you check the package LL RGB Kit Contents, that cable is not mentioned at all and it was there.... also in the standalone Hub the cable was not mentioned in the package contenents, and it was not there. Which crazy commercial policy is this??????????????????????

Seems that Corsair is telling to the customer: "Do you want a cable? Buy another Node Pro"

I think this is the first time I spent 200 euro in Corsair kit and fans and this will be the last, and not just for fans...

As my uncle said: "I hope all of my money you'll have to spend in medicine...."

Last edited by zagor69; 01-07-2018 at 03:50 AM.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934211
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagor69 View Post
Correct mate, and this kit is what I find but no one of those cables are correct

I'm completely upset, for a 30 cents of cable I have to spend at least 10 euro for shipping, always if I found it anywhere in this world...

More funny if you check the package LL RGB Kit Contents, that cable is not mentioned at all and it was there.... also in the standalone Hub the cable was not mentioned in the package contenents, and it was not there. Which crazy commercial policy is this??????????????????????

Seems that Corsair is telling to the customer: "Do you want a cable? Buy another Node Pro"

I think this is the first time I spent 200 euro in Corsair kit and fans and this will be the last, and not just for fans...

As my uncle said: "I hope all of my money you'll have to spend in medicine...."
The Lighting Node PRO should have come with two of those cables. Also, the hub is sold as a spare part for our cases that came with RGB fans (which would have a controller included with the case that'd plug directly into the hub). I'll suggest the the cable be added to the hub in the future (or that we change the info on the product page for the hub to mention that the cable to connect to Commander PRO/Lighting Node PRO is not included), but again you should have the cables you need to get going already...

Contact our customer support team and tell them you need just that cable and they might be able to help out in this situation.

Edit:
It seems you got the Lighting Node PRO from the LL RGB fan kit, I'll need to verify the contents of that kit, I was under the assumption you bought the Lighting Node PRO standalone (the kit that comes with the LED strips and not LL fans). My apologies. I've reached out to our product teams to see if we can offer the cable as a separate part on our website in the future. It was definitely not the intent to have users purchase another full RGB kit (fan kit or LED strip kit) just for a single cable.

Last edited by Corsair CJ; 01-07-2018 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Clarification. And realized that LNP came from LL kit.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:14 PM
zagor69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934217
Red face

Quote:
The Lighting Node PRO should have come with two of those cables.
I saw, but on the photos they are with 4 cables connected, my one has two cables connected
55 euro to buy it just to get one more cable needed, sorry, but in this case I prefer to sell the two fans on ebay

Quote:
Also, the hub is sold as a spare part for our cases that came with RGB fans (which would have a controller included with the case that'd plug directly into the hub). I'll suggest the the cable be added to the hub in the future (or that we change the info on the product page for the hub to mention that the cable to connect to Commander PRO/Lighting Node PRO is not included), but again you should have the cables you need to get going already...
Yes, and even if it'll be eventually mentioned that the cable is not included, at least sell that cable in the shop!!! There is nothing about that item in Corsair online shop and in any other shop around Europe...

Quote:
Contact our customer support team and tell them you need just that cable and they might be able to help out in this situation.
I opened a ticket, we'll see

Quote:
Edit:
It seems you got the Lighting Node PRO from the LL RGB fan kit, I'll need to verify the contents of that kit, I was under the assumption you bought the Lighting Node PRO standalone (the kit that comes with the LED strips and not LL fans). My apologies. I've reached out to our product teams to see if we can offer the cable as a separate part on our website in the future. It was definitely not the intent to have users purchase another full RGB kit (fan kit or LED strip kit) just for a single cable.
Correct, this is my situation

Sorry, I think to be the first guy on the Earth that want to manage more than 6 RGB fans in one system, it's my fault

Old 01-07-2018, 02:34 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934229
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagor69 View Post
Sorry, I think to be the first guy on the Earth that want to manage more than 6 RGB fans in one system, it's my fault
Oh, no, not at all.
See Zotty. And I'll have more soon as well
But ...between multiple Commander Pros and Lighting Node Pros, I think we both had the cables. It could well be, possibly, that a cable was missing from your LNP.
Hopefully Corsair will just send you the cable.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:54 PM
zagor69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Oh, no, not at all.
See Zotty. And I'll have more soon as well
But ...between multiple Commander Pros and Lighting Node Pros, I think we both had the cables. It could well be, possibly, that a cable was missing from your LNP.
Hopefully Corsair will just send you the cable.
I bought just a second Hub, not a controller.

Anyway the ticket is open and updated (# 659651)
To have at least a shop anywhere selling that item, shipping in Italy, should be already a wonderful condition (remaining unbelievable anyway)

Old 01-08-2018, 11:55 PM
zagor69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934500

Definitively I have no words

The Customer Care pass my query to the tech support

The tech support just answer me, through the ticket opened: the Hub itself is sell without any cable, if I want another cable I MUST BUY ANOTHER CONTROLLER NODE PRO
What I kind of care of customers! I should spend 50€/60$ to get a 30 cents of cable????? Especially when I bought a 3 fan kit LL120 + 3 single LL140 fans + 2 HD140 RGB LED High Performance PWM Fan from Corsair Europe?????!!!!!

Guys, I have a Noctua NH-D15S as a CPU Cooler, I had this brand since years and you know why?
I sent 2 days ago an email to their customer care asking if I want install another brand's fan instead the Noctua stock one on the cooler
They answer me giving me a link: I found a web form where I give my datas plus the proof of purchase of my CPU cooler and they send me, FOR FREE, the right clips letting me to install any 14 cm fan on the CPU cooler

That's A REAL AND THE BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT. I spent hundreds of euro in the past and I'll buy their products forever

Corsair??

With this experience I'll NEVER buy anything more of this brand for myself and for anyone else for all the next parts of PCs I'll have to plan, buy and assembly, even if it should be a Corsair screw

Corsair is death

Last edited by zagor69; 01-09-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:07 AM
zagor69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934725

For those can need something like me, they can found it on ebay looking for a "3 pin Dupont"
It's the same connector but not Slave, not important for devices that don't have to move...

Good luck

Last edited by zagor69; 01-25-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:55 AM

POST ID # = 937327
NKB Reputation: 10

hello zagor69, i have the same issue as you. I cannot see the right part on moddiy.com? i only see the 4 pin, we need the 3 pin to connect a hub to the node?

Old 01-25-2018, 10:21 AM
zagor69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937335

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKB View Post
hello zagor69, i have the same issue as you. I cannot see the right part on moddiy.com? i only see the 4 pin, we need the 3 pin to connect a hub to the node?
You're right, I confuse the 4 pin fan connecting cable with 3 pin connecting Hub.
At the end I solved buying a 3 pin Dupont connector on ebay, they sell it already prepared for few dollars. OK, it's not exactly the same connector, but at the end you only need it to make a contact between 2 pins of two devices, and Dupont connector is perfect also if it is not a slave one like the originals.
To void any misunderstanding for the future I correct my previous post about Moddiy

Last edited by zagor69; 01-25-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:23 AM

POST ID # = 937347
NKB Reputation: 10

ah i see. thank you zagor69! life saver. its a real shame we have to do it this way. I was expecting to have the 2nd connection, or a way to connect a 2nd fan hub i already had when i bought my LL120 3 pack which came with node.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:04 PM
zagor69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937359
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKB View Post
ah i see. thank you zagor69! life saver. its a real shame we have to do it this way. I was expecting to have the 2nd connection, or a way to connect a 2nd fan hub i already had when i bought my LL120 3 pack which came with node.
I understood what you mean, and you can image how much I was happy reading the Corsair Customer support answer (see the attachement)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crs.jpg (112.9 KB, 773 views)