Corsair Community

CORSAIR Premium PCIe Extension Cable Compatibility w/ Z390 Platform

Corsair Nick

• Corsair Employee
And as a Corsair employee this is an acceptable answer for someone with these boards? At the very least there should be a warning on the product page that this is not working on certain chip sets. But there isn't. And you guys continue to sell it knowing there is an issue. Be glad I didn't buy it because then we would be going back through marketing, advertising and general fraud laws in regards to what companies can do.

Triggered by this statement: Absolutely because this has been going on for a while and people continue to buy an item that clearly has issues with certain hardware. And most people just see multiple PCIe slots and assume they are all the same. So they are going to be plugging into the one that "works" and wonder why their new [insert GPU model here] is preforming like horse puckey.

Would you knock it off? Your trolling is not helpful. Just annoying.

My post was an FYI for blackisback in case he DID NOT know his board was a Z390 board. Not everyone knows what their chipset is.

The cable was introduced to the market BEFORE Z390 boards were on the market. And, AFAIK, it still works on MSI Z390 boards. Possibly others.

I agree a "compatibility list" would be ideal, but I think the best solution may already be in the works: Replace the riser card with one that works. Which is not an impossible solution.

Would you knock it off? Your trolling is not helpful. Just annoying.

My post was an FYI for blackisback in case he DID NOT know his board was a Z390 board. Not everyone knows what their chipset is

I have only specified the board, without chipset because the chipset on the board is so clear.

• 2 weeks later...

When i plug the PCIe extender in the x16 /x16 PCIe slot, the graphics is not detected and I get no image.Also when the GPU is connected directly in to the x16 / x16 slot the GPU works fine.I have tested the PCIe riser on an older motherboard on the PCIe x16 /x16 slot which also works.

The full setup of this pc

Intel i7 9700k

Asus ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming

Corsair vengeance RGB pro 3000, 32GB Ram

Corsair H100i Platinum AIO CPU Cooler

Corsair Crystal 680x Case

Corsair LL120 fans x6 with RGB Controller

Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP Extreme Core