Corsair Community

Can I run 2 480 and 9800GX2 on HT1000W?

-NEPA-Bigdog

Bigdog;448938']Hi,

I would like to run my two 480's and I would like to also run my 9800gx2 as my physx card. Can the HT1000W handle this?

Thank you

[-NEPA-]Bigdog

You are talking about 250w X 2 for the 480s and 200w x 1 for the 9800GX2. These are maximums of course. If you have much of a CPU at all, or plan to do any OCing I would not necessarily suggest the HX1000. Keep in mind that the 9800GX2 will not pull max power doing only PhysX but if you assume 200w stock for the motherboard+CPU you are not leaving yourself much room to OC if that is an option. If you plan to run all stock, it "should" be OK but, as the system builder you'll need to account for all the variables and determine your power consumption.

POWER CONSUMPTION CHART FOR GPUs is a helpful list.

Thank you for your response. I do overclock and I have other items running so it will be tight. I am thinking about getting the "Dual PSU 24-Pin Adapter Cable" and running two psu, picking up the 650w or the 750w for the 9800 gx2 and move other items over to reduce the load on the 1000w as I have it loaded up already. Will running a dual psu 24 pin adapter cable be ok as far as the psu is concerned? Any risks by doing this setup? :D:

Thank you!

[-NEPA-]Bigdog

Archived