Corsair Community

PC Will Not Shut Down

_smacktard

Hi:

I have the gigabyte P35-DS3R and the HX520 PS, along with OCZ DDR2 Gold XTC 6400 RAM.

My PC will not shut down on its own - windows seems to shut down, but the case fans, cpu fan keep spinning - HD light not active - I have to hold the power button to get it to complete the shutdown.

Gigabyte support had me remove everything connected to the board to see if that would help - it didn't. Removed all but one stick of mem and still no joy. Then they suggested that the mb voltage to the memory might be an issue. Best I can figure out, the mb supplies 1.8v, and my RAM wants 2.1. Changing the voltage did not fix the issue.

All that is left to try, apparently, is to try another power supply - I dont want to buy another one, so thought I should see if anyone else has come across this issue.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
The is nothing with the PSU itself that would cause the system not to shut down properly. The PSU gets a signal from the motherboard to either be ON or OFF. There may be a configuration issue with your BIOS or in Windows. I would suggest that you update your BIOS to the latest version and then load setup defaults and see if you are having the same issues.

Archived