Corsair Community

New Build BSOD

endlesszeal

I about to lose my mind. I just built an htpc and can't get it stable.

asus z87i pro

2x2 corsair dominator 1333mhz

Corsair h100i

Corsair cs450m

Seagate 600 ssd

Everything installs fine but after I turn it off for the day or night, when is come back it bsods. It gives me the 0x00000f4 error. I tried installing drivers one by one but as soon as I leave it off for a while, it bsods. It does it upon boot up right after the windows logo finishes loading.

Interesting enough, if the psu tax connector on the mb isn't in a certain position, it won't boot. I ran memtest for 4 hrs and no errors. I even set the timing manually and up the voltage to 1.55v. I tried one stick in each slot and it works but still bsods after I leave it off.

Everything is new except the ram which I had unused in original box and ssd. Ssd previously had osx on it.

I have a feeling it's the ram and/or psu.

Please help. Thanks in advance

Yes I ran 4 hours of it and no errors. That's why I wasn't sure but I re installed windows 7 32 bit 4 times. Everytime it installs fine and reboots fine after driver updates. But if I leave it off over night, it bsods when I turn it back on. It progressively gets worst up to the point that safe mode will not boot and it'll bed immediately. Windows errors point to driver and ram.

I only installed LAN and video and symptoms still occur. So i have no idea and everything is new except ram and ssd. Matched pair of ram, no oc.

Unfortunately no spares or this May have been resolved a month ago.

have you checked what bios version do you have? Do you think it's stable enough to update the bios to latest Version 0907 as there are various updates that address memory and system stability.

Don't you have a friend that has a similar build, so you can test a different ram.

Latest bios. Bccode 1a and 50. Stock settings and defaults. Upped vdram to 1.55 and still bsod.

Everyone I know has ddr2. I don't think it's a faulty mobo. Nothing attached except mouse and kb. CPU are very infrequently broken.

I've been building for over a decade. So unless it's new settings to z87 or incompatibility, I've tried everything short of switching out parts because I don't have access to them.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Latest bios. Bccode 1a and 50. Stock settings and defaults. Upped vdram to 1.55 and still bsod.

Everyone I know has ddr2. I don't think it's a faulty mobo. Nothing attached except mouse and kb. CPU are very infrequently broken.

I've been building for over a decade. So unless it's new settings to z87 or incompatibility, I've tried everything short of switching out parts because I don't have access to them.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

yes its very difficult that the cpu is broken. Pretty sure you have tried this but have you downloaded the latest Bluetooth driver from asus site and the latest driver for your GPU.

It may be the ram eventhough it could be perfectly fine, I have seen this before that it work ok in one mobo and didn't in another. But only way of knowing is testing with another.

I picked up a set of corsair value selects. Popped it in and so far so good. No bsods.

Should've followed my hunch and rmaed a month ago. This happened about two years ago with build in spec list. No errors in prime or memtest but would get random bsod with same bcc codes and almost same set of ram.

Even though I've had to rma a few times with corsair ram (from DDR to ddr3), I always corsair because of the great service they provide.

Archived