Corsair Community

K70 RGB Media Keys Not Working

Guys and gals, I have figured out the SOLUTION (for me). The fact that neither Windows nor iCue can at least tell us what's going on is very frustrating.

It's pretty much due to the media keys being competed for amongst multiple applications; the winner of this competition is usually - Google (be evil).

Head on over to Chrome - Extensions - and REMOVE that Google Play Music Extension!

Then open up your favorite music app play some music and hit that PAUSE button. Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Test PLAY, PREV, and NEXT.

note: If your browser is open - YouTube looking at you - it might compete the first time you press it but if you set focus on your media player and then press it, it will learn who's REALLY the boss and start working for that app in the background.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked my Chrome extensions and found nothing for Google Play Music or YouTube in there. I did find a post on TenForums that explains how to set Chrome to enable or disable it's media hardware key handling settings.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/134484-enable-disable-chrome-exe-volume-control-media-key-handling.html

Simple fix if it IS Chrome that's hijacking your media keys.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
I have something weird. The volume scroll on keyboard works fine when I'm on headset.. BUT my desktop speakers are bluetooth and somewhat volume scroll pretends like working on screen/windows but it doesn't do anything. I have tried with another bluetooth speakers and same result.. Any fix for this?

• 1 month later...
If you have media keys that don't seem to work, it may be related to a Windows service.

James, A BIG THANK YOU. This saved my day. After reading lots of websites and trying a lot of things, finally I could resolve this problem of FN key not working in my keyboard.

• 1 month later...

Found the solution in a youtube video - heres the link if you find videos more helpful: [ame]

[/ame]

If anybody still has issues with that, do the following:

- Press the Windows Key and search for "services"

- Mark one of the services and click on the letter "H" on your keyboard.

- Find and double click on the service "Human Interface Device Service"

- Click "Start" if it's not on or stop and start the service and click "Ok".

- Try using the media buttons now and see if it works.

Edited by sama_kfc

• 1 year later...
On 10/18/2014 at 9:05 PM, Corsair James said:

If you have media keys that don't seem to work, it may be related to a Windows service. Try this:

Click on the Windows Start Button and navigate to the Control Panel. Start up Administrative Tools and click on Services. Scroll down to Human Interface Device Access and ensure the service has started up. If it is not, click on restart the service and change it to startup automatically by double clicking the service.

Thank you James, this fixed my problem as well. All good in the neighborhood homie.

• 5 months later...