Corsair Community

Fans Compatible with Corsair Link?

SimonC

Hi Folks

Apologies if this is a silly question.

I'm still tinkering with a custom build.

I have an AX1200i PSU, H110iGT Cooler, Dominator Platinum RAM with Dominator Airflow Platinum LED Fan.

I also have a Nvidia TITAN X hybrid (i.e. with radiator and 120mm fan).

I have Cooler Master 200mm intake fan, 140mm exhaust fan, 2x120mm HDD fans plus the fans for the Corsair components (cooler, RAM and indeed PSU).

I've decided (even after reading about all of the problems) that I would like to try to use Corsair Link to control all of my cooling and have ordered a Commander Mini.

This appears only to support 4 pin fans. OK, I thought, perhaps I'll go the whole hog and replace the Cooler Master fans with Corsair ones. No problem with replacing the HDD fans (Corsair Air Series 120mm PWM Quiet Edition High Static Pressure Fan).

Apologies for the long post - but here is the question at last. For the remaining fans, I think I should have air flow rather than static pressure fans, and the former appear not to come as PWM versions. So, how do I connect those to the Commander?

Any ideas welcome ...

Simon

Since you seem to know about link why is it that the original cooling node Controls some 3 pin fans and identifies them as 3 pin. Is the 4 pin "limitation" purely software or is it actually the hardware of the cooling node?

It's the hardware in the Cooling Node. The link I specified says why the CLCC is better than the Cooling Node. I have a cooling node with 3-pin fans that works OK, but I only use it occasionally when I am testing SIV.

It's the hardware in the Cooling Node. The link I specified says why the CLCC is better than the Cooling Node. I have a cooling node with 3-pin fans that works OK, but I only use it occasionally when I am testing SIV.

Well I guess I will be investing in pmw fans. I'm thinking about the phanteks ph- f140xp and artic F12 for my main airflow, and phanteks ph-f120mp for my h100I. Does anyone have experience with these pmw fans and link?

Archived