The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2018, 09:10 AM
dsotm44's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981697
dsotm44 Reputation: 10
Default Gui and iCue Space - customisation fail

Why have both the Gui and iCue Space been designed with a terrible lack of resizing and moving capabilities?

I cannot use iCue space because it will only work on my primary monitor - who on earth thought that was a great idea? Obviously someone that has never gamed before.

Because I cannot use iCue space when gaming, I have to open the Icue dashboard on my secondary monitor.

Imagine my joy when I discovered that the smallest size this window can be dragged to is 60% of my screen.

Why can we not resize the dashboard to fit the module windows?
Why not just have dashboard modules as pop out screens?
Why are module windows justifying ONLY to the middle of the dashboard space?

Please tell me someone is looking at this as a matter of some urgency?

Last edited by dsotm44; 11-23-2018 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:36 AM
Chronic Upgrader
Hockster2's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981963
Hockster2 Reputation: 10

Pretty much everything in the iCue interface is a step backwards from Link. Link's graphing was detachable and movable, iCrap, nope. Link had easily accessible profile changes, not so in iCrap. And let's not forget about possibly the biggest gripe from users that probably won't ever be addressed, the horrible Unicorn Vomit light scheme whenever iCrap isn't running.

iCue feels like Windows 8 after using Win 7 for so long, nothing seemed to work anymore, the UI was ugly and unfriendly. Link didn't need a series of videos to explain how everything worked. Link was easy to figure out with a few mouse clicks. iCue has people saying WTF?!? daily.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:05 AM
dsotm44's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987664

Are any of the isues mentioned above going to be adressed?
Old 12-31-2018, 10:57 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987685
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsotm44 View Post
Are any of the isues mentioned above going to be adressed?
Hardware lighting was addressed when he posted that - or shortly after. Still more is being addressed on an ongoing basis.

As for Link being "easy to use" ... I've been on this forum for a bit and we had many of the same kinds of questions with Link as we see with iCue. Keep in mind that iCue is larger and more complex - and it does a whole lot more than Link did. Furthermore, people, in general, are resistant to things changing too much and iCue was a big change for Link users.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:32 AM
dsotm44's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988960

Good Day DevBiker

Thank you for response. However you seem to have adressed the stuff raised by Hockster and not the issues I raised - to repeat:

Why have both the Gui and iCue Space been designed with a terrible lack of resizing and moving capabilities?

I cannot use iCue space because it will only work on my primary monitor - who on earth thought that was a great idea? Obviously someone that has never gamed before.

Because I cannot use iCue space when gaming, I have to open the Icue dashboard on my secondary monitor.

Imagine my joy when I discovered that the smallest size this window can be dragged to is 60% of my screen.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:44 AM
iCue βeta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988967
solarity Reputation: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsotm44 View Post
Good Day DevBiker

Thank you for response. However you seem to have adressed the stuff raised by Hockster and not the issues I raised - to repeat:

I too agree that this needs to be fixed and would like it to be fixed. I think it will eventually will give this option, though there are always limitations though go beyond our knowledge. I think the current work around is to swap which monitor is primary then load the dashboard, then switch primary back.

They do have a lot of work, which includes fixing the biggest issues, adding new features, and supporting new devices. They tend to focus on things that impact the most people first.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.