Corsair Community

LL120 Fans Just stopped working

Rocknracing

Hello,

Hoping someone has experienced this issue. Here are my specs first.

ASRock AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB)

Corsair CXM V2 (2017) 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

EVGA GTX 1070 SC

Corsair k55 rgb gaming keyboard

Windows 10

I am using 3 LL120 RGB Fans and Lighting Node Pro to control them. Everything has been fine for close to a year. Now all fan lights went out with the exception of 1 LED in the center of Fan #2.

I have Checked all wires. I have moved them from channel 1 to 2. I have reinstalled Icue. and Nothing happens. Changed the order in Icue as well.

RAM and Keyboard I can control just fine and all lights work. However on the RAM I have lights all white and a few look light purple.

I would appreciate an ideas. I did open a ticket with Corsair and have not received a reply yet.

Thank you

The lights are serial, so if LED #3 on fan 2 goes out, the lights stop there. You will need to systematically rotate the fans at the Lighting Hub 1-2-3 to figure out which one is the dud. I would start by moving 2 -> 1 and 1 -> 3. The fans must always occupy slots 1-3 without skipping a slot. You can use instant lighting Red-Green-Blue-White to quick check specific LED bulb types.

If that goes nowhere, you may be looking at a controller issue on the RGB Lighting Hub. If you have a spare, you can swap it in, but I suspect not. You will need to then contact Corsair support to get a replacement.

Edited by c-attack

The lights are serial, so if LED #3 on fan 2 goes out, the lights stop there. You will need to systematically rotate the fans at the Lighting Hub 1-2-3 to figure out which one is the dud. I would start by moving 2 -> 1 and 1 -> 3. The lights must always occupy fans slots 1-3 without skipping a slot. You can use instant lighting Red-Green-Blue-White to quick check specific LED types.

If that goes nowhere, you may be looking at a controller issue on the RGB Lighting Hub. If you have a spare, you can swap it in, but I suspect not. You will need to then contact Corsair support to get a replacement.

Thanks I will give that a go. What is really odd is this happened right after I bought a Rift-S. Last night had the Rift on and the lights came back on for a while. Maybe a strange coincidence. Thank you for the input I very much appreciate it.

The lights are serial, so if LED #3 on fan 2 goes out, the lights stop there. You will need to systematically rotate the fans at the Lighting Hub 1-2-3 to figure out which one is the dud. I would start by moving 2 -> 1 and 1 -> 3. The fans must always occupy slots 1-3 without skipping a slot. You can use instant lighting Red-Green-Blue-White to quick check specific LED bulb types.

Thanks man! I did what you said and found out one fan is dead. (the leds)

Really appreciate the hekp! :D: