Corsair Community

500R Case QC Dissapointment

17th Steve

Hi, sad to say it but I've just took delivery of a 500R white case for a new build. Long awaited, anxiously anticipated & hard earned!

First thing I noticed was the front cover was loose at the bottom left hand corner. Closer inspection & the metal lug and plastic stud that it screws too are both missing! Snapped clean...

Damage in transit? No! There's no loose bits in the case or the box and it's plastic bag wrapped so quite obviously been manufactured and shipped like this!

Contacted my supplier who tells me 7-10 days for a replacement on a build I've already waited over a week for! Great!!!

Just not the quality we expected from the Corsair 500R, hardly the cheapest case on the market & not a great reflection on Corsair? I fear for my AX760 now too??

Sadly, not a happy camper.. :[pouts:

Sorry to hear about your 500R. While I wouldn't expect this to happen again, these types of things do rarely happen to all manufacturers. The key difference here is the willingness to assist. If ultimately you are not able to resolve your issues via the vendor you can file a RMA at corsair.force.com

I also wouldn't worry about your PSU, the AX760 is a great choice!

Cheers LangZone, my vendor will arrange a return but I can't wait the 7-10 days it will take to obtain the replacement. They don't stock spares and it's purely the front panel that's bust.

I wanted Corsair to know that they have shipped damaged goods even if I'm stuck with this, it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you bought Corsair for the quality and quality didn't arrive :(

It's a QC fail I'm afraid & I don't have the time to wait for a whole replacement chassis.

No problem. Bummer for sure, but at least you'll get a first hand look at Corsair's strong RMA process and to me that makes or breaks a company.

Once you finish your build you should post some pictures in the build section of the forums, be great to see! :biggrin:

They have been brilliant! I've just sent a copy of my original invoice and photo of the bust case fascia. Gives a man faith... ::pirate::

I'll take a few shots when it's built and upload.

Z97-A / 4670K / 2x 8Gb Vengence (gold of course ;o) / GTX760 OC / Hyper 212 Evo / AX760 in a 500R White case with clear side + white LED impeller & 2x 120mm roof mounted LED PWM Corsairs... phew... almost sounds like I know what I'm talking about :)

Thanks again for your help man, much appreciated.

Archived