Corsair Community

8GB showing as 1GB

cavsct94

I've built my son a gaming PC on an ASRock B450M motherboard with Vengeance LPX 2 x 8 GB 2400MHz RAM (16GB total). When I installed a new SSD recently, I went into the BIOS and noted that it is showing the RAM as 8 GB x 1 GB instead of 8 GB x 8 GB.

I rotated them in slots 2 and 4 and it indeed shows that one of the sticks shows as 1GB in now the other slot.

I checked settings in BIOS and they seem to be correct. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I've built my son a gaming PC on an ASRock B450M motherboard with Vengeance LPX 2 x 8 GB 2400MHz RAM (16GB total). When I installed a new SSD recently, I went into the BIOS and noted that it is showing the RAM as 8 GB x 1 GB instead of 8 GB x 8 GB.

I rotated them in slots 2 and 4 and it indeed shows that one of the sticks shows as 1GB in now the other slot.

I checked settings in BIOS and they seem to be correct. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Try the sticks individually in A2 and see if they report correctly by themselves. I had a problem once where a stick didn't seat properly. For some reason asrock opted to make one side of the ram slot fixed instead of latching and I find it takes a bit more effort to seat the ram properly.

I have that board b450m (pro not steel legend) with NVMe (on primary) and SATA's (ssd and cdrom) installed. What BIOS version are you at and what cpu?