Corsair Community

K70 RGB Rapidfire Keyboard not working well

Z.S

I ordered this particular keyboard from Amazon on a Black Friday sale all was good until around a few minutes ago, the mouse kept double clicking i thought the mouse had an issue until i noticed that it was not double clicking but in fact the the keyboard would press enter or something along those lines whenever i would right click on a tab i was not using on chrome it would open the new tab page as i was playing a game and had some music from youtube in the background. I then forced restart my PC and i could not even get past the HDD password screen still not sure if my keyboard was the issue my keyboard would not work at all besides the pass through and the LED's so i used a ****ty membrane keyboard i had lying around to try log in (and type this post on the corsair forums) i had my K70 still plugged in and it would keep pressing enter and i could not type in my password as it was pressing enter soo fast that me pressing a key on my other keyboard would not register also it would keep coming up with the incorrect password message on account login screen and the windows key lock would flash (as if it was being pressed quickly) (on K70). then i disconnected my K70 again to log in when i was finally logged in i opened google chrome and then plugged in my K70 it would keep typing -+-+-+/_= or whatever only typing plus', minus' dashes and forward slashes in the search bar so i disconnected to write this comment pls help

another thing i have noticed is that there is a faint green light coming from the number 1 key at numpad even though there is no specific lighting programmed for that key as i have certain keys WASD lit up to 1 colour and a few keys around wasd also lit up as well as the visor in blue going left to right but no specific light on "numpad 1" key

no it does not work i tried evreything i could find online i reset the keyboard to factory settings and nothing

i may get a refund from amazon as it was sold by amazon warehouse as new with a damaged box and i thought it would be a steal for over 30% or up to 40% roughly off the original retail price so i think it may have fallen down somewhere in one of their warehouses for the box to be damaged it was only a slight indentation to a corner but i am not 100% sure if amazon will accept the refund as from researching the issue on forums i see most people getting this issue due to spilling stuff over their keyboard which i have never done on my K70 keyboard i would eat and drink a lot at the computer but since getting this i would not eat and keep drinks distanced from the keyboard as i spent a lot of money on this and would go as far as to packup the keyboard (using the family PC till i finish my gaming build) and put the membrane one there but my refund will be useless as i would need to spend a ton of cash on a new one as i am from the UK and at release it was selling for £149.99 on amazon now it is £169.99 as my currency is getting really weak i also paid less than £115 which is less than how much used versions on eBay go for

Archived