Corsair Community

Drivers 1.1 not working at all (windows 8?)

pCore

Ok, so I just got home with the vengeance 1500 headphones and when I try to install the 1.1 drivers it opens the install window and runs a bunch of commands and then disappears. There is nothing in the app tray when I search for the program windows come up with nothing. I can't find a way to check and see if they installed or to pull up the equalizer program. Could it be a problem with windows 8? I REALLY don't wanna roll back to 7! Any ideas?? The headset works fine but I read over and over that the difference in sound quality is huge... help!

Downloaded the HS1 drivers, and basically same thing. Except there isn't the script running before windows user account control asks for permission. But with both, right after uac comes in and asks for permission, everything closes out and disappears with nothing installed.

Tried to run in compatibility mode, and only with windows XP sp3 will it make it past the UAC screen. It begins loading the installer but freezes 3/4 through. Windows 7 and vista compatibility mode does the same thing as win. 8. Just disappears with nothing

Super frustrating right now.

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry but the driver for Windows 8 has not been released yet.

And I am sorry but until it is officially released we would not be allowed to release drivers for our products to support Windows 8 as it is still officially in Beta.

I (And I suspect others too) would feel better if you could kindly confirm that the HS1 and Vengeance series will be supported in Windows 8 at least.

Other companies with less than shining reputations have the awful tendency to stop supporting their devices when a new OS comes out. I really doubt Corsair would do that, but as I said, I would feel better to hear it in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Archived