Corsair Community

ml 120pro rgb connection help needed

gnutty

just updated my grandaughters system with an h100i rgbpro xt and decided to replace the stock cooler fans with ml120 pro rgb fans expecting to just plug in and go. unpacking the fans i fing a 4pin pwm and 3pin rgb header on each fan

so i search for a solution and find in corair small print i need a commander pro and a lighting node.gritting my teeth at the expense mounting up ipurchase these ..and still cant connect them, come on corsair more information would help. after browsing too many forums and utube vidieos i find i possibly need a corsair rgbfan hub.Please can someone cheer me up and tell me this is all i need to make it all work and what to plug in where.

You need a lighting controller (Commander or Lighting Node Pro) and then a lighting power source (RGB Lighting Hub). Both can be obtained individually, but are difficult to come by and will likely not be found for at a bargain price.

The most effective solution is too send the two ML-RGB single fans back and purchase the ML-RGB "mutli-pack" that has 3x120mm ML-RGB inside. That gets you everything you need. Stick the 3rd fan in the rear exhaust. I do not think you will be able to pick up a Node Pro and RGB Hub for the same difference in cost between 2 singles and the 3-pack.

The other option would be to send the XT back and replace it with the earlier Platinum version. Same pump, same radiator, but the Platinum has an onboard lighting controller and comes with 2 ML-RGB high speed fans. That is the "total package kit" meant for those that don't have any pre-existing internal RGB devices. It will likely cost more than XT, but probably less than the XT + 3 pack of fans. The downside is the change over is more dramatic.