Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinium SE Questions on RPMs and fans.

Hyrov

Hi everybody , I have been rocking my h100i platinium SE for over a month now and have a question about RPMs and fans.

I switched one of the white LL120 fans in the radiator for a black one as I wanted to do a black/ white mix of the fans and it is set and stuck at 700-800RPMs since. I can't switch it's profile to 0RPMs or amp it up however it is not connected to the mobo but to the pump's PWM headers. Are the black ones incompatibles with the pump?

Second question and most important one probably for me : What happens to these RPMs when I exit Icue and the corsair exes. ( CpuID and Service. ) Does the pump stay at the RPM it was? I'm asking because i often time need to close the app and exes for Benchmarking.

Thanks a lot in advance , any knowledgeable feedback would be greatly appreciated as it it my first build and i would love to have it work at peak performance, Have a nice day !

They aren't incompatible with the pump but they don't have the speed of the white ones and don't support zero RPM mode (most fans don't, actually).

The pump will continue to run the set fan curve as long as its set to be controlled by the pump temperature.