Corsair Community

Trouble with Linking Software and Profiles

joshdboe

Hello!

Today I received my first Corsair product, a Harpoon RGB Wireless, and I've been tinkering with the RGB settings.

I have managed to link a profile to Steam, which works fine, and one for when I am not using any programme, also working fine.

However, I have created several more profiles for use in Windows Explorer, Opera and iCUE, and they don't seem to work and I have no idea why. Apart from the colours and software file locations, they are identical, and I am almost 100% sure the file locations for each software are correct.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong, because I am really confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you for reading!

-Josh

Be careful with linking profiles to applications that are not exclusive full screen like games or something you stay working in. Linked .exe files will only be active if the program is running and in focus. So for stuff like browsers where you are constantly hoping in and out, every time you click the desktop or any other program it will leave that profile. I don’t know what happens when you try to link to the Explorer browser. This is Microsoft so it may not follow the same rules as another program. I have never tried to link a profile back to iCUE. You may be fighting against iCUE’s design and purpose to show you the lighting options you have stored. It can’t do that if you override a color scheme on top.