Corsair Community

Intel RAID Temps

gingersea

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee
Given the other issues we have to work through, the fact that temp reporting under RAID is a little trickier, and that this doesn't severely inhibit usability, it's going to be very low priority and not likely to get addressed until CL4 at the earliest.

Given the other issues we have to work through, the fact that temp reporting under RAID is a little trickier, and that this doesn't severely inhibit usability, it's going to be very low priority and not likely to get addressed until CL4 at the earliest.

Consider that on 2/11/15 we were told by Corsair's representative:

Updated 2/11/15

The new 3.1.xxxx is still under test and some issues were found with the fixes for the firmware on H80i and H100i. The new firmware is going to be pulled along with the new firmware update bootloader for the 3.1.xxxx release at first. It is still being worked on but will be a couple weeks behind as we have to start qualification over again after updating the firmware.

Now, 4 months later, Corsair has released a new version, which fails to address the issues they promised to address, and broken the promise not to release software prior to fixing these issues.

Updated 2/11/15

What came out of the bug tracking meeting was that several of the issues were not fully resolved. Another drop of the software went into test today meant to resolve them. If the software has known critical issue's it will not leave the building, now matter how badly an update is needed.

So the only take away possible from all this, is that Corsair will do what makes them money in the future. Support of that product you purchased, is not of any priority for Corsair.

I figure we'll get a fixed version of Corsair Link, or CL4 when Corsair Dustin becomes known as the Happy Guy of tech support, rather than the Grumpiest! :D:

Having implemented SMART (Temperature) reporting for Intel ICH/PCH CSMI RAID drives I know that it is not tricky at all.

When you say it may be in V4 this is pointless as you failed to specify when V4 is scheduled for release. I feel Corsair would do well to read http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/relationships/professional/how-to-keep-your-commitments-part-1 and http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/relationships/professional/how-to-keep-your-commitments-part-2.

Archived